Translate

Sunday 21 June 2020

June TUSAL


It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with my new finish:


And here is the project in close-up:

stitched over 1 on 32 count Lavender Murano

This was one of the freebie designs released for the Be Well SAL at the beginning of the corona virus pandemic when we were all advised to stay indoors and stitch.

I love this little Quarantine House by My Fanny Designs and you can find it here on her Instagram account.  She has designed a few projects in cloches and they seem perfect for people in lockdown.

I finished this one as part of my Longest Day Marathon, which this year had to take place over two days so became my Longest Weekend Marathon.  I'll be sharing all the photos tomorrow and my thoughts on how well it worked over two days.

Finally, this is a little something I made for a friend who has a Birthday today.  It's an Alice in Wonderland Exploding Book.  I got the papers and stickers from Papermaze and the fabric and ribbons for the front cover from my stash.

Front Cover:


Back cover:


Inside


Reverse:

The greeting was written inside the square with the border frame.







12 comments:

Vickie said...

That quarantine house is truly adorable Jo!

Barb said...

Both of the pieces you have done are lovely. That book looks a bit complicated and you did a fine job!

Margaret said...

I wondered what an exploding book was-so pleased you put in photos! What a great idea.

diamondc said...

Jo: Be Well is such a cute design.
I am loving the card what a great idea for a fun birthday card.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Great little stitch Jo .
How sweet the Alison booklet .
Take care and enjoy the sunshine .

Beth in IL said...

Very nice Jo!

Bethan said...

The stitching is gorgeous, and the exploding book looks very fun! x

Christine said...

I love the little house in a bell jar (obviously a depiction of the well known novel by Laura Ingalls Plath)

Tiffstitch said...

I hadn't seen that Be Well and Stitch freebie, that is a very cute finish. That book is amazing, I hope your friend enjoyed it.

Julie said...

Stunning gift you made

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely small, and awesome card/book/explosion! I'm looking forward to your longest day(s) posts, and hope I'll get to them soon :)

Rachel said...

I've noticed quite a lot of these little bottles and jars appearing on etsy recently, one shop owner has even designed a lace-trimmed shelf for them to sit on. So cute!
Exploding books are always fun to make, although a little annoying when you find one of the papers the wrong way round! :)