Translate

Saturday 6 May 2023

The People Chose Embellishments

   


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes from followers of my blog and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  We are currently working our way through the choices.  This is what was chosen:

May - Embellishments
June - Rainbow
July - Abstract

Embellishments can be anything from a few beads or ribbon to lace or charms.  Some designs can be more embellishment than stitching, such as this design from Hinzeit:



Just a simple border, the five letters and then the charms are the focus.  I did add the words along the bottom which say "Claus is coming"

A more recent finish was Nora Corbett's Virgo where I used a variety of beads and sequins to make a realistic necklace for her:



Just Nan uses a lot of charms in her designs, many of the smalls were designed as free gifts when you purchased the charms.  It does mean that I have to use my imagination and stash sometimes when I don't have the original embellishment pack.


The aptly named Charm Garden



This is another Just Nan that has a beautiful lace trim I hand-sewed all the way round.  Royal Blossoms also has beads to embellish the design:



My last one for today is this lovely design from Stitcher's Hideaway called Hear the Sea Call.
I embellished it with little ivory fish and real seashells:



Now it's over to you. All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Embellishments, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.




10 comments:

Pamela said...

You have some beautiful examples! I really like the fish and shells. Thank you for hosting this link up!

Carol said...

These are all so pretty, Jo! I think my favorite is Hear the Sea Call--love the way you used the real seashells. I added a real shell to a Lizzie Kate piece that I made for a friend a long time ago, too. They really add so much to the final look. Hope you're having a great month of May so far ♥

Gloria Stengel said...

Hello! I jumped over from Graphic 45 and found you!

Vickie said...

What a wide variety of embellishments you have Jo. Love Royal Blossoms. :)

Mylene said...

Such lovely finishes you've done with embellishments. I especially love the Charm Garden, the different charms you've attached, beautiful piece.

Rachel said...

I think most stitchers are too used to studiously following charts that realising projects can be embellished is simply overlooked. Something like making a beaded necklace, or adding seashells are such easy yet effective ideas, as you have shown. I'm certainly going to think about adding more than just a charm from now on!

jocondine said...

I wasn't used to add embellishments to stitchings before, but I must say that now it's easy for me to think of beads, buttons, charms... as part of the patterns. And your necklaces for example are really a wonderful finish. xxx

Roni said...

Embellished finishes are not something I've done much of, but I love these so much, I might have to get more creative! The fish and shells are my favourite I think.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, great prompt this month :D And you found some great pictures for it!

Astrids dragon said...

They all look lovely, but that necklace is so beautiful!