Translate

Friday 19 May 2023

May TUSAL and Stitching Library

            

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project, CCN Main Street Spooky Conversion:


stitched on 32 count Charcoal Slate Murano from Sparklies

This was the Flower Shop, can you guess what it is going to become?



What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Sampler en Rouge et Blanc
Author: Isabelle Vautier
Publisher: Mango Pratique
ISBN: 9782842705046


The text in this book is all in French, but that's OK because it's mostly self-evident what they are saying!

For example: Manoir aux Chats - Cat Mansion


That design is the reason I bought the book, and it's stitched in my favourite DMC 115

This one is Traditions en Rouge - Traditions in Red


Here we have Abecedaire Champetre aux Lapins - A Country Alphabet with Rabbits


Bienvenue sous la Neige (Welcome to the Snow) is shown in two colourways.
Red and White or DMC 115.  They also show a Blue and White version.


Just for a change Etude Ethnique - Ethnic Study - is shown in Brown and Ivory


The final one in the book is Marquoir Plantations - Plantation Sampler and could easily be stitched as small ornaments.



There are a lot more designs in the book, these are just a few of my favourites.


Finally, it's IHSW so I hope you are finding some time to Hermit and Stitch.  Come back and share a post with us on Monday on your blog or in the FB group.






4 comments:

Sharm said...

Nice stitching! I haven’t taken part officially inTUSAL for many years, but funnily still keep a jar with all my threads each year that then goes out to the garden to the compost or spread around the garden for the birds to use ….. I was only thinking the other day remembering when this first started!!!

diamondc said...

Jo: That book has some amazing designs.
Nice progress on the CCN design.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Since you tend to stick close to the original when possible, maybe the flower show will sell herbs and/or potion ingredients? Looking forward to finding out!
These samplers are very pretty. So simple with just two colours but very elegang and I love the inclusion of varigated threads!

Astrids dragon said...

A corpse flower shop? Do tell!
What a great sampler book, I like all the shades of red.