Translate

Sunday 30 April 2023

April WIPocalypse, Stitch from Stash and Pie

       WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 7 of them and had 1 finish.

2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon



5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket



17. Stitch it Picasso Temperature SAL



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot



21. Amanda Butler Belfast Houses - Finish



22. Amanda Butler Cardiff House - Finish



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

April– Give us five projects in your stash right now that you’d really love to start – and why you haven’t yet.

This is a great question!  First of all, why haven't I stitched whatever my five are going to be?  Very simple - I've been focusing on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow for the past two years in order to get that done in a timely fashion.  I was going to continue with a focus project for next year but noticed it will be "24 in '24" so have decided to pick 24 different new projects from my stash - 12 medium and 12 small - to be worked on 2 per month as decided by the WIPGO Board.

I went through my stash and added all the designs I really really wanted to prioritise and then sorted them by size.  This list will change over 2023 but will be finalised by the end of December.  At the moment the Top Five are as follows:

Stitchy Princess Alice in Wonderland




Life in Stitches Aslan




Maria Bravko Life in the Shire




Primitive Hare Hocus Pocus Cabinet




Cottage Garden Samplings Halloween Sampler


None of them are very big and all should be doable in a month if I focus on one project.  There are also at least another 24 projects on the reserve list!

Now it's time for Pie:



I stitched my full fortnight on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow again.  Here's where I started the month:



Here's the progress on Block 11:


And here's the whole piece:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 19 days
Block 5 - 25 days
Block 8 - 15 days
Block 9 - 27 days
Block 10 - 31 days
Block 11 - 15 days and counting

I moved on to Little Snapdragon after that and have completed all the green in the top half of the chart and the three darkest greens in the bottom half.  Next time I will finish the greens, there are 6 or 7 medium and light shades, and then blues and purples for the flowers.  A finish could be in sight!


Here's my Evening Pie, showing a quick finish for the Cardiff House and the rest of the month on my Temperature SAL.
Finally, Stitch from Stash and a lovely Zero spend!  All my money is going on papercraft at the moment...










5 comments:

mylene said...

Wow! You have so many projcts on the go. All are coming along beautifully. The line up list to be started are great designs too.
Happy week😊

beadgirl said...

You are getting so close to finishing the Hawk Run Hollow piece! It's going to look fab.

Sandy said...

WOW....you've been super busy, lots and lots of stitching. Everything looks great. I don't how you keep track with so many projects. Congrats on making headway on so many of them, and for finishes!! Keep up the good work.
Sandy's Space

Leonore Winterer said...

How exciting that the snapdragon is getting close to a finish, and HRH is inching every closer as well! I bet next year will be very fun with all the new starts, after working to a focus for so long.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet little finishes and so close on a couple!
I loved stitching the Halloween Sampler, I'm sure you will too.