Translate

Sunday 28 May 2023

May WIPocalypse Most Joyful Project

        WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  This month I stitched on 4 of them and had 1 part finish.


5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow



8. CCN Halloween Village Flower Shop



13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket



18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot






The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and "23 in '23"


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

May – What project brings you the most joy and why?

Answer - All of them!  A number of people have commented how much they enjoy the variety of projects I share and I think that is the key to enjoying your stitching.

I start each month with the over one solid stitching of Hawk Run Hollow and before that can get boring I have completed my two weeks.  Then I get a chance to either stitch one of my part works or an older WIP so I feel I am getting progress on those.

In the evenings I have my Smalls, this month has been the Just Nan-athon but in previous months I have been stitching the Amanda Butler houses.  

In between I have my Blackwork Tarot, I tend to pick that up at the weekend just for an hour or two but it's quite quick to progress compared to cross stitching,

If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Blackwork Tarot because I always want to keep going with that one!















3 comments:

butterfly said...

Jo your work is always so beautiful.
I am with you I like to have lots to work , I like change and seem to stitch faster knowing I am going to change my stitching over tomorrow .
It's all about Fun. Hugs June.

Katie said...

I agree. Lots of different projects help so much. Beautiful work on everything.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh I agree, a bit of variety is what keeps me going as well. If I try to focus on just one project, I make significantly less progress over all!