Translate

Saturday 15 April 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness April Link-up Post

   

Welcome to the April Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Once again, for the first fortnight my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  The plan is to stitch this for two weeks each month until it is finished.

"Steaming" along nicely with Block 11!  I decided to stitch the outlines of the blocks and shapes so it's a case of filling in or colouring in the gaps next time.

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

stitched on 32 count grey linen


At the end of last month I stitched a little bit on the Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas which was a Christmas present:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen



Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "April Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I had a couple of questions asked in the comments by people who are "no-reply" so I couldn't email them to respond.

Stitchin Rose asked about hanging pictures on my bare brick wall as apparently she has one too.  
"How do you hang pictures on the brick?"

Answer - the same as any other wall which has been plastered or wallpapered - bang a nail in!  The bricks are just ordinary house bricks not those super hard masonry bricks.  You can also drill a hole, put a rawl plug in and use a screw instead of a nail.  In my older house I used a lot of picture hooks with very thin pins but the house was so old you could literally press a drawing pin into the wall with your bare hands!  This house is a little bit more solid so hammer and nails it is.

Beth asked "What is SAL?"

Answer - a Stitch a Long.  Anything where a group of stitchers are stitching together.  It could be on the same project or it could be on a theme.  My February WIPocalypse post explains a bit more.

I love answering questions, but please leave an email so I can get back to you and make sure you see the answer!



11 comments:

diamondc said...

HI Jo: Many lovely designs you are working on, the Bothy Threads Twelve Days is a stunning design, the colors are beautiful.

Catherine

DJ said...

Ooooh, your Hawk Run is looking lovely! I forget how many squares there are, but you should be closing in on a finish, am I right? Mani di Donna has some interesting patterns, I'm looking forward to seeing your finish on this one! Your 12 Days is such a beautiful piece! All your stitching is beautiful. Thank you for hosting GG. It's always fun to see what everyone is working on. Happy Stitching!

jocondine said...

Each block is so interesting and different, it's certainly great to stitch them and have a great work at the end. I should think about that kind of pattern for a next choice. xxx

butterfly said...

So many great designs Jo .
I also love to work on more than one .
Enjoy your week hugs June,

Mylene said...

Both your Hawk Run and Bothy Threads are coming along great. Beautiful designs!
My first time joining in on the Gifted Gorgeousness, i hope i did or followed the rules right otherwise please do let me know if i didn't did it well. Thank you.

Carol said...

Wonderful progress, Jo! That Bothy piece takes my breath away and I love the intricacy and colors used. I always look forward to seeing how both of these pieces have grown!

Beth in IL said...

Your Hawk Run Hallow piece is "hot"! Love the progress on your 12 days of Christmas piece too.

stitchinrose said...

Beautiful stitching. Thank you for answering my question, I think my husband would go nuts if u take a hammer to the wall. ;o)

Astrids dragon said...

Are you going to miss Halloween at HRH when you're finished?! I hope you frame it straight away and hang it up year round to enjoy it!

Roni said...

Oo am excited to see how Hawk Run Hollow is coming along, something about it gives me inspiration to want to stitch Halloween things in April!

Leonore Winterer said...

Good idea about doing the outlines first! Sometimes it's fun to just mindlessly fill in the gaps.