Translate

Monday 24 April 2023

April IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

As usual, I worked on Friday so the only thing that got stitched that day was my Amanda Butler Cardiff House project, with evening stitching it now looks like this:

stitched on 28 count grey evenweave

Yes, that's a finish!  Much quicker than the previous two designs.

On Saturday I decided to focus all day on the Fire Element from Circle Cross:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweaver


Yes, another finish!  This one took a lot longer than Earth as it is much more densely filled and less logical than the Earth design.  Here are both of them together:


Air is next and should be much quicker to stitch.

I'd already done my days on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow so I decided to focus on Little Snapdragon for the rest of the month.  The green is quite tedious with all the different but very similar shades but this is where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Evening Sky Murano from Crafty Kitten



Finally the next IHSW will be 19th - 21st May so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.






4 comments:

Carol said...

Your fire and earth finishes are fabulous, Jo! I don't think my old eyes could handle all those long stitches. They are very effective! Love watching Little Snapdragon grow--such pretty pastels in that piece. Enjoy your week ♥

Mylene said...

The House finish is beautiful and wow! Fire and Earth looks amazing. Little Snapdragon is coming along beautifully.

DJ said...

Ooooh look at all your finishes! Everything looks fabulous! I wonder how your rotation works when you finish something, do you start something else? I feel a case of startitus coming on...LOL I've just done a ton of finishing, feels good to empty some of my boxes full of small finishes... I would join you on these IHSW weekends but I never remember the dates, and the kids keep us busy too. Happy Stitching~

Leonore Winterer said...

You've had a very productive weekend, it seems! Love the house (I think it's my favourite so far) and fire is very impressive!
Next IHSW will be a long weekend for me, maybe I'll be able to properly participate for once...if I can just remember!