Translate

Friday 28 April 2023

April Smalls

   

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


Because I am focusing on my BAPs again, I won't have so many smalls this year but I do have a couple of series with small components so I will share them this month.

The first is the Blackwork Tarot by Circle Cross.  I have finished Fire:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers


My next collection of tiny items is the Potion Bottle Temperature SAL from Stitch It Picasso.  

stitched over 1 on 25 count tea-dyed evenweave

I am so far behind with this, I've not even finished March and April is almost over.  All those unfinished bottles except one will be Lime so hopefully they will be quicker to stitch.

The next series is from Amanda Butler in Cross Stitcher magazine.  I started and finished the Cardiff House in April:

stitched on 28 pale grey evenweave


Finally, it's nearly time for my annual Just Nan-athon! I used this to take part in Maynia in previous years. I stitch on a different JN Small each day.

Here are last year's projects:










5 comments:

Shelly said...

That is some gnarly black work on the Tarot card! My hats off to you! The temp SAL looks very cool, love it. I think next year, I'll attempt a temperature design, preferably Halloween-ish. Do you have any early ideas of how you'll finish your houses? They're adorable. Hope you're having a good weekend!

Pamela said...

The potions are very interesting! So many Just Nan projects!

Mylene said...

The Blackwork Tarot finished is beautiful. You made a good progress on the Potion Bottle, looks lovely. And wow! so many Just Nan projects..looking forward to see updates..

Leonore Winterer said...

Great smalls and series! Looking forward to the return of the Nanathlon.

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you for joining the SAL, Jo! I've gotten so behind on reading blogs, but coming back to yours with this post just now I am reminded what a prolific and varied stitcher you are! It is amazing and everything is so charming. The Tarot card blackwork is a gorgeous design. Now I'm off to read more entries on your blog!