Translate

Sunday 31 July 2022

July Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for some end of the month Pie!



Continuing to hit my 14 days goal on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  This month I continued with Block 5 which went from here:


to here:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I should get that finished in the first day or two of August and then go across to Block 8, if I actually finish it.

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 17 days
Block 5 - 25 days and counting


After my 14 days on Hawk Run Hollow the WIPGO board chose Chatelaine's Gardens of London.  This is a VERY long-term project the way I am stitching it.  But I am enjoying every part of it.  I showed the whole piece for my WIPocalypse post, but here are the four individual Gardens I have been working on plus the borders around them:


The left hand side of the outer border is complete, the rest is half done


There are four different speciality threads in the outer border


The rose border has a silk for the leaves and a variegated thread for the outline of each rose


The whole piece so far:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Linen by Crafty Kitten

I'm using a mixture of the charted DMC, some speciality threads where they make a real difference, some substituted Jodyri and some DMC subs, often a blend of two shades to give a subtle shading,


I have a separate pie for my bath-time stitching:

All of those pieces have been shown already.


Finally, on to Stitch from Stash:



The Shannon Christine charts are the 12 Days of Christmas series which come out in pairs each month.  The JCS Halloween is one I collect every year.  I could just get the digital version but I like to have the physical copy in my stash.












7 comments:

butterfly said...

All your stitching looks fab .
Have a fun week.

diamondc said...

Hello Jo: Nice progress, I am so in love with that Mermaid, so cute and sweet.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Great pies! And great progress. Goes to show how much can be achieved when a project is given a fortnight of attention. :)

Carol said...

You're almost done with yet another block, Jo! Well done :)

Sandy said...

Love seeing your progress with all your stitching projects. You're doing well. Keep stitching.
Sandy's Space

Astrids dragon said...

Fantastic progress! I love the flowers on the border of the Gardens, they look beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, this block is a massive one! Probably because it is both full coverage and very detailed? Love your progress on gardens too!