Translate

Friday 15 July 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness July Link-up Post

     


Welcome to the July Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.  Last GG I had started on Block 5 which is almost all full-coverage:



Here's where I am now:


The background does take a LOT of time to fill-in!  Here's the whole piece so far:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I'm going to be stitching this one into next month and then move across to Block 8.

Just Nan Tea with Honey was a gift as it's a Travelling Pattern.  I FFO'd this in time for Rachel's Gallery:

stitched on 28 count dusky pink linen

My current Just Nan is Mermaid Heart which was also a gift.  My son chose it from my Wish List on SewandSo a few years back.  Hubby got the embellishment pack too which I was pleased about as I hadn't realised it was sold seperately and I doubt you can get it now.

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen
(more like the called-for Rue Green than this shows)


Little Snap Dragon by Kustom Krafts was also a gift and I completed the dragon himself in June:

stitched on 32 count Murano Evening Sky by Crafty Kitten


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "July Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count. Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.



10 comments:

Margaret said...

You have been busy I love the Just Nan. You must have quite a few in your collection now.

DJ said...

Wow, seems like you've stitched a lot on your Hawk Run piece, it's looking fabulous! I love your little Just Nan Tea with Honey, it's finished so nicely, her designs are just so full of bling! Can't wait to see more of your Mermaid Heart, it's lovely so far! Always fun to see Snap Dragon, what a sweet pattern! Thank you again for hosting GG. It's always fun to see what everyone is up to!

Roni said...

What is a Travelling Pattern please? Beautiful work as ever, I think I like the dragon the best.

jocondine said...

It's really a great Halloween pattern, I love the Mermaid Block, you have done a great job. Stitching water in the heatwave is clever too, was it refreshing? Just Nan Tea with Honey is exquisite, so elegant! xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching progress! Mermaid Heart looks lovely, looking forward to seeing more of that one.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your Halloween project is growing at a great pace. I love your Just Nan, beautiful piece. Thank you for hosting another month of GG.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all lovely Jo. Your Just Nan cube finish is great.

Beth in IL said...

Did you see the new Just Nan? I'm resisting since I have a few in my stash to stitch, but I haven't even started!
Your work is lovely as always. Love the coral on Hawk Run Hallow with the slight variegation.
Put me in for the hop. I will think of something!

Carol said...

Beautiful progress on all, Jo! The dragon looks so pretty in those colors and I especially love your finished Just Nan box. She always chooses the prettiest colors for her designs.

Astrids dragon said...

HRH is coming along beautifully! Guess what I haven't started yet?
I looked at what the Mermaid Heart will look like, it's gorgeous.
Such a sweet Little Snap Dragon, I hope I have him hiding somewhere in my stash.