Translate

Monday 18 July 2022

July IHSW

 



IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

This weekend I focused on my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow, Block 5.  I didn't quite finish it but did have fun with the coral in the corner and those great sunken skulls.

Here is where I started on Saturday:


and here's where I am now:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

I'm using a gently variegated thread from Jodyri for the coral and it looks rather nice.

I put a few more stitches in my Summer Just Nan Mermaid Heart:

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen


And a lot of fiddly details on my 3D Bookshop from Living on the Rainbow: 

stitched on 28 count Tan evenweave

Just the white and then I can start making it in a 3D shape!  I must remember to make a floor base for it too.



Finally, the next IHSW will be 19th - 21st August so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Super stitching Jo , keep extra cool.

DJ said...

My goodness, you've been busy! Aren't weekends great for stitching? I am in love with your little 3D bookshop. I can't wait to see it fully finished!! You are making such great progress on all your stitching and it's all lovely!

Rachel said...

That's great progress over the weekend. The coral looks great, especially when (I think) most of Jodyri's variegated threads have quite bold colour changes. Looking forward to seeing the Bookstore; that seems to have stitched up very quickly! :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Halloween Hawk is looking great, super progress. You've certainly had busy needles over the weekend.

Carol said...

Wonderful progress on your H at HRH, Jo! And the little bookshop is going to be darling. I suppose with the heat over there it is good to be able to sit inside and stitch! Take care now ♥

Sandy said...

Whew...you got a lot of new stitching done. Keep going and you'll be done in no time. Love the Halloween one!
Sandy's Space

diamondc said...

Jo: So many fun and lovely designs you are working on.
Have a great week.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching progress! The bookstore is really coming together now.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress and I love seeing your Bookshop come together!