Translate

Sunday 31 July 2022

July WIPocalypse New Starts and Stash

         WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  Since my last post I have stitched on 4 of them.


3. Chatelaine Gardens of London
stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Linen from Crafty Kitten


5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


9. Just Nan Mermaid Heart

stitched on 32 count grey-green Linen


17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen


The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 22 in 22


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

July – What five patterns do you really want to purchase (or start) right now?

All of them!  There are some further up the list than others.  First up will be this design from World of Cross Stitching magazine coming out at the start of August.  I don't subscribe any more but I can get it via Press Reader and my Library Card for free.



I did buy this one, it's a new 12 Days design from Shannon Christine being released in parts.  I'm trying to hold off until Boxing Day!


This is one I bought in 2020 and really want to stitch and fully finish for Dark October this year.  It's from Mani di Donna and came with the handle and the bat charm.  I would use it to keep little Halloween Smalls in it.


Next up is a Mystery from Stitchonomy.  All we know about this is that it is called The Cabinet of Curiousities and starts on my Birthday!



There are so many vying for fifth place but I am rather drawn to this one, thanks to Rachel's enabling!  It's a Temperature Chart with a Gothic-twist available from Etsy here - Grandma Be Wildin


There's also the next Zodiac sign after I finish Virgo and all sorts of other goodies in my stash pile.  I am determined not to start any BAPs until I have finished some of those I have going.  But there are a lot of medium sized charts I could fit into the rotation.

Stay tuned to see what happens next!



5 comments:

cheryl said...

Your projects are moving right along. I love seeing your progress on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow. Oh boy ... I can't wait to see how the 3D haunted house comes out. And thanks so much for peaking my curiosity on the Halloween SAL. I had to sign up!

Rachel said...

Your WIPs are looking good, and I love you new stash / wannabe new stash. The haunted house looks a tad complicated but I'm sure you'll enjoy the challenge. I'm also sure you'll wait until Boxing Day to start your new 12 Days, because you're good like that! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching, as usual I especially like Gardens of London - these borders are so pretty! Also love your picks for starts, this prompt is very dangerous as you no matter who you visit, you always find something to add to your list! Two Halloween 3D designs, that's a real treat, and who can resist a good mystery?

GothStitch said...

Thank you so very much for considering my Goth Temperature Cabinet Stitch-A-Long!
I would be so thrilled to stitching with you!
Thank you so much for your mention and support, I truly appreciate it and I appreciate you <3


SuZy
aka
GrandmaBeWildin
the Elder Goth behind GothStitch.com

Astrids dragon said...

So many beautiful pieces and you know I LOVE all the Halloween ones! The temp chart is very tempting.