Translate

Saturday 6 August 2022

The People Chose Outer Space

     


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  I asked for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  Now we are working through the choices.  This is what has been chosen:

August - Outer Space
September - Sea Creatures
October - Wild Animals

Space - the final frontier...
Not something I have stitched a great deal either, considering I am a bit of a Sci-fi fan.

I have this adorable Darth Vader:

Dark Side from Dorkstitch on Etsy

"I love you to the moon and back" is a lovely sentiment:

Barbara Ana - freebie from Cyberstitches

As is "wish upon a star"

Andree Langhorn - cover kit from Cross Stitcher 195

This one I designed myself for my friend's granddaughter.  The name Danika means "Morning Star".  The little toys were based on the characters from the nursery furnishings the parents has chosen.  I charted them myself.



And now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Outer Space, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.   I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Anything, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Elephants, or Green, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.   Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.










8 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for hosting!
The little sentiments are sweet (but have resulted in an earworm as I now have When You Wish Upon A Star going round and round my head!)
How sweet to chart the little animals to match the nursery. Nine years down the line I wonder if any of those characters are still important to Danika. :)

jocondine said...

I'm on the cookies side (even though it's the dark one). Cute little bear (on this roof) and I like your way to say "to the Moon and back" (best than our more than anything in the world). xxx

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Well we share the bear and star, and doing something a little off pattern for a birth sampler is always fun. Quilters press to the dark side and cookies are always welcome. Hmm something for the months to come..how about a way with words..

butterfly said...

What great designs Jo.
Love the one you designed .
Have a fun Sunday , hugs June.

Carol said...

Those are all very cute, Jo! The Darth Vader one made me smile :) I can't say I've done any space themed pieces except a few Santa moon or small moons/stars in the background. Enjoy your week! ♥

Astrids dragon said...

All sweet stitches! I think I have the Love You to the Moon, but haven't stitched it yet.
I think the boys would even like those cookies!

Claudette497 said...

I'm so impressed with your charting! I was also expecting to have more outer space designs.

Leonore Winterer said...

Moon and stars, of course, how clever - didn't think to use those (although I'm not sure I got any stitches where they are the main feature). An interesting month so, looking forward to seeing the other posts!