Translate

Friday 29 July 2022

July Smalls

      

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be the Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas which I started on Boxing Day 2021 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen

And for once, the fabric colour is spot on perfect!  I do love that shade of blue.  The  main change I made with this one was the water.  It was charted as yellow with red highlights...  I know we are using a limited palette here but red and yellow water?  The next blocks have a flesh colour added for the people so I decided to add a nice blue to this one.  The fabric provides the highlights.  I always like the swan blocks of a 12 Days design so I am pleased with this one.

My Just Nan Mermaid Heart is considered a Small by the No New Starts Group so here it is again:

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen



Finally, last call for the Summer Stitching Friends Blog Hop.  Names will go out on Monday 1st August, so please contact me before then to be included.







4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this swan! Looking at the original pattern the yellow/red water sort of makes sense, but on your blue fabric, I'm with you. :)

butterfly said...

Yes I love the swan to.
Also your Just Nan is looking wonderful.

Leonore Winterer said...

That swan is so pretty - glad your changed up the water because it's perfect on the blue like this.

Astrids dragon said...

Lovely swan, looks like a blue smalls month for you!