Translate

Sunday 29 August 2021

August WIPocalypse Proud and Relieved

        WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "21 in '21" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of them and met 1 WIPGO Goal.  


5. Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen


10. Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Lime Green Linen


12. Mirabilia Fairy Idyll

stitched on 32 count Vineyard Murano from Crafty Kitten

13. Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen


16. Hands on Design Scary Apothecary Coffin Paint

stitched on 28 count Radioactive Linen from Chromatic Alchemy


17. Just Nan Follow the Needle

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave


The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 21 in 21


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

August – Which of your project finishes made you the most proud? The most relieved?

This is a really difficult one to answer!  I am proud of a lot of my work.  I do try to challenge myself, changing colours or fabrics, adding personal touches and so on.  

One piece that I am particularly proud of is my Hallowe'en conversion of Lavender & Lace's Enchanted Alphabet.  I loved the actual alphabet as soon as I saw the design but wasn't so keen on the child and bunny.  One day it came to me - stitch it in black on orange fabric and make a Hallowe'en special!

stitched on 32 count Murano in Tigerlily by Sparklies

There is a full post on this on my Happy Dance Blog - Lavender & Lace - Enchanted Alphabet

I don't often stitch things which are a relief to finish because I try to choose projects I know I will enjoy working on.  But this old project definitely fits into that category!  I loved the design and started it way back when I still used aida.  This was a horrible scratchy aida that actually gave me a friction burn on my wrist from rubbing when I stitched.  In the end I decided to stitch just one portion of the border and call it done.


The fully finishing plan is to fix the border around a circular box and make something nice for the lid.  Then use the letters to make cards for people whose names beging with those letters!

It was definitely a relief to mark this one off the WIP list.


Finally, there's a new SAL in town!


Clare from Aimetu's Stitching has created this SAL where we stitch un-seasonal things!  The full list is as follows:

September - a design to celebrate New Year

October - any design for Valentine's 

November and December - springtime designs

January - Easter stitching 

February and March - summer designs

April - a little treat for myself, any small design I fancy

May and June - autumnal designs

July - a design for Halloween

August - Christmas stitching 


And you can find more details on her blog here - Aimetu's Stitching



2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful progress on your many WIPs, Jo, and the Halloween theme of your Enchanted Alphabet finish is truly special. Well done!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, so many of your projects are looking quite close to a finish (or, in case of the 12 Days, at least the next day is filling in nicely!). Great going, looks like your plans are working out once more.
That new fun sounds fun and I'm looking forward to seeing people joining in, but I'm going to have to refrain - I can barely keep up with the ones I have right now, haha!