Translate

Tuesday 10 August 2021

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for August

 

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

Even less FFO'ing this month than last, just one small framed piece!  This is another freebie from The Primitive Hare for Lammas, the First Harvest celebrated on 1st August.  Framed the same as Ostara and Litha in the same multi-frame.  The goal is to have all eight done by the end of this year.



My regular followers will know that I love to make plans and lists for my stitching.  And that I do a pretty good job of sticking to them.  The Primitive Hare Celebrations were an addition to my original plans and here's another one:


I subscribe to Cross Stitcher magazine because I was migrated over when Cross Stitch Collection ceased publication and frankly, I am never going to get a better price for it!  As soon as this month's issue arrived I knew I had to stitch the miniature greenhouse from the front cover.  Who doesn't love a little 3D greenhouse?

I found some random grey/blue 28 count evenweave in my stash and made a start this afternoon.  I plan to stitch all the white and then go colour by colour for the rest of the design.  It's a Cheryl McKinnon (of Tiny Modernist) design so that makes two of her designs I am stitching now.  The Calender is also one of her designs.

stitched on 32 count Summer Sky Belfast linen from Silkweavers


Finally, we have been given permission to hide painted rocks in the shop where I work again.  So I've been painting a batch of book-themed rocks each week.  It's lovely to see how happy the children are when they find one.  To see my rocks, check out my Serendipity Rocks Blog




12 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: The Green House is beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
Lammas is a sweet design, I like the coordinating fabric for the backing in the frame.
Tiny Modernist has such cute designs.
So many magazines have stopped printing so many I really liked.
What a fun idea to have painted rocks around your shop.

Catherine

Ann C. said...

I love 3D cross stitch projects. Looking forward to watching the greenhouse being built.

Shami Immanuel said...

3D house looks beautiful.

Sheryl said...

Oh, that greenhouse design is just lovely, might have to do it myself.

Suzanne H said...

I can't wait to see this greenhouse come to life! Beautiful stitching.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Gorgeous work

Mary's Thread said...

Oh I LOVE the greenhouse. What a great project. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Leonore Winterer said...

Another cute finish, but I LOVE the greenhouse, that's going to be so cute!

RONI said...

Love the greenhouse, very cute!

Susan said...

Love the greenhouse. I saw a picture of the magazine cover and have been very good about not getting it (so far).

Rachel said...

Oh how cute is that greenhouse? I've seen a few 3D houses (by Durene Jones I think) but would never have the patience to sew all the bits together. This one doesn't look too bad in comparison. Wouldn't t be lovely if there was a set of them for different seasons or different plants? :)

Sandra said...

I stitched the greenhouse too, but found that the roof didn't fit properly, there is too much fabric and I don't know if I can be bothered to unpick it and re stitch.