Translate

Sunday 15 August 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness August Link-up Post

     

Welcome to the August Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


Deb sent me the charts for the Stoney Creek 2019 Ornaments which were my Stitchmas project this year. I started all 12, one per day and will be completing one per month.  August is for Maids a'Milking:

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave

The WIPGO Board chose Fairy Idyll for this month.  The chart (and extras) was a gift from a friend.  I am continuing with the expanse of her yellow/cream dress:

stitched on 32 count Vineyard Murano from Crafty Kitten


My current evening piece is Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett, the chart was a gift from a friend.  This is where she is now:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen

I just have to go all the way around with the turquoise, fill in the corner squares and add beads!


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, some more Gifted Gorgeousness but of the papercraft variety.  I had two friends with Birthdays recently so I made them Exploding Cards!  These fold flat to fit into an envelope but pop-up into a box shape when you take them out.

I added some charms to the first one:



This is the second one:



The supplies all came from this website - Craft Box UK





14 comments:

Mylene said...

You are doing great with the Stoney Creek ornaments, another cute finish the Maids a'Milking.

Lovely progress on both of your big projects. I love the fabric colour you used for Fairy Idyll.

WOW! Those cards were perfectly made. Great job

Happy Sunday!!

RONI said...

I love the fabric on the fairy, I'm on the look out for new and interesting fabric as I've done so much on white or cream lately! A good selection of Gorgeousness once again!

Mary said...

So close to the finish on Gathering Eggs! Wow, I'm so impressed with your exploding box cards, I make cards but nothing to that level. Have a great week.

jocondine said...

Lovely milking maids. The cards are so great, love the Alice theme, never try this popping box, must be fun to open it. And of course the sketches of Alice are really nice perfect choice. xxx

Carol said...

Woo hoo! It won't be long now until Gathering Eggs is all finished and you're doing a happy dance, Jo! Can't wait to see her :) Those cards are so creative and fun, too--well done :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Gathering Eggs is getting sooo close now, but everything else looks great too! Especially love those exploding cards, they are so fun.

Beth in IL said...

I love your exploding box! I will have to try that. Love your stitching,as usual.

DJ said...

Your 12 Days are looking fabulous, I did like the Maids-a-milking as one of my favorites. Your Fairy looks amazing too, it's going to look great on that fabric! You know I love Gathering Eggs, so intricate and delicate looking. You are so multi talented, those cards are wonderful! They look fun to make, and I'm sure the recipients loved them! Another lovely post for GG!!

Shelly said...

You're getting so close to finishing Eggs! It's a cute design. Nice job on the exploding cards. How fun!

butterfly said...

Love all your stitching and the Gathering Eggs is looking wonderful.
And WOW look at those cards .
Have a fun week hugs .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching, grest work on your Eggs. That's a lovely box, I'm a box lover, thanks for the link and for hosting another GG

Elfie said...

Those cards are amazing! They would be a delight to receive. I love your Maid a'Milking, and also the Fairy and Gathering Eggs.

Barb said...

I have always loved seeing Gathering Eggs. It will be finished soon!

Susan said...

Your stitching is gorgeous, as always, but Ooooooo, LOVE the exploding cards.