Translate

Tuesday 31 August 2021

August Stitch From Stash and Pie

 It's the end of the month and time for some pie!



As I mentioned before, I have set a goal of three block of the 12 Days of Christmas by Bothy Threads and had only stitched one.  So I needed to get going on Day 2, I set a goal to stitch all the background this month and succeeded.

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

I love how you can clearly see the number and the two turtle doves already.  I'll be focusing on this piece in September to get the Day completed.

Fairy Idyll was another success with a week's stitching seeing a large part of the dress completed:

stitched on 32 count Vineyard Murano from Crafty Kitten

The next design is a surprise new entry to the charts!  When I got my subs copy of Cross Stitcher magazine I was instantly drawn to the cover picture of a 3D Greenhouse and had to start it immediately!  I stitched for three days at the start of the month and another three at the end.  My goal is to complete the white frame and then fill in colour by colour for the plants.

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

I am stitching the two sides as one piece to save having to whip stitch along the roof edge.


You've seen all the rest of the projects.  I had hoped to get both Follow the Needle and Gathering Eggs ticked off this month but it's impossible to bead with my son at home so I am going to wait until he's back at school and have a couple of days dedicating to beading.

This means only one number (number 8) was completed on my WIPGO Board for August but I did make good progress on some projects and September is looking good too.



Finally, Stitch from Stash.  I bought nothing except the two special Just Cross Stitch magazines which I ordered from Sparklies.




I haven't got the Halloween one yet as I also ordered some fabric for my Birthday in September but I hear it is a good issue so I am looking forward to receiving it soon.





6 comments:

Sue said...

The pie chart is a great idea. All your projects look great. Love the partridge.

Shelly said...

I had to look at the 2nd block for awhile before I could see the 2! I think stitch from stash is something I need to join! Your stitching looks wonderful as always:)

Carol said...

Wow! The Bothy Threads 12 Days piece is really looking wonderful, Jo! Love all the colors and the intricacy of the partridge in day one and I look forward to day 2! Happy September!

butterfly said...

Jo you do stitch some wonderful designs .
I shall be watch the green house stitch .
I had a few ideas about that one too but holding back, first I have a chart of flowers I want to put together after Christmas .
Enjoy your weekend have fun.

Mary said...

You are so organized with your stitching progress! I love the 12 days piece, I know that background was time consuming! Looking forward to seeing that completed.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your WIPGO board is really filling in now - great progress on 12 Days and Fairy Idyll and your new start looks really exciting, I love those 3D projects.