Translate

Saturday 4 July 2020

The People Chose The Designer They Have Stitched The Most


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  This is what they have chosen:

July - The Designer You Have Stitched the Most
August - Freedom
September - Geometric

I mentioned last time that this was a special post for me - it's my Nine Hundredth and Ninety-Ninth post!  So that deserves a special theme for The People Chose.  This is not your favourite designer, this is the one you have stitched the most.  (They do NOT all have to be finishes either.  You might have 97 Mirabilia WIPs, that still counts.) They may be the same, the answer may surprise you or your followers.  However I don't think my answer will surprise anyone.

In third place I had JBW Designs with 20 finished projects.  In second place was Joan Elliott with 30 finished pieces.  And in the Number One spot....

drum roll

with 80 finishes

Just Nan!

(funny how they all begin with J, isn't it?)

From my very first JN finish in 1999, which was Gabriella:


to my new start today for a Summer SAL with Leonore, Morning Meadow:

stitched on 32 count Pale Green Linen


Just Nan has something for almost every stitcher.

There are seasonal designs:

Seasonal Band Samplers

Seasonal Typography



Seasons in the Square

Spooky designs:


Christmas designs:


Friendship designs:

Memories

Diamond Bouquet

And the smalls, lots and lots of smalls!






Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of The Designer You Have Stitched the Most, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll. Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll. Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc. Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!





20 comments:

Pamela said...

Amazing! Congrats on 999 posts and on so many finishes!

butterfly said...

Well what can I say but WOW .
Love them all but the Angel is just beautiful.

Barb said...

I’m curious, what do you do with all these cross stitch designs - finished or not?

Beth in IL said...

You have done a lot of Just Nan! Fabulous that you have record of them too. Not me and my Mill Hill collection. Oh well. You do such great work. Thanks for hosting this.

jocondine said...

Happy 999th post! What a firework to honour the designers you stitched the most. All the numbers are impressive! xxx

Vickie said...

I, of course, am rather partial to Memories. ;) They all are just fantastic Jo! Love Just Nan.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Whoo hoo 999th post 🎉🎉🎉

I love all your finishes, I am always amazed at how much you do.

Apologies for my post, I had it noted as favourite designer ... oops

Sheryl said...

Many congrats on your 999th post. Amazing embroideries so many varied patterns and themes beautiful work Jo.

Linda said...

Love all of your projects Jo. I know Just Nan would be the most.

Linda

Rhona said...

Congrats on your 999th post!
All of your stitching is amazing....and there's so many of them :)

Mini said...

Congrats on 999th post.
No surprises for most stitched designer!
Just Nan should make you their brand ambassador :)

Rachel said...

Huge congratulations on 999 posts; what a coincidence that if you turn it upside down you come up with your 666 followers!
Well, Just Nan was no surprise, although the number of finishes did raise an eyebrow. You're right, they have something for just about everyone. It's definitely hard to pick a favourite - what's yours by the way?
Do you have many more waiting to be started or have you just about exhausted the catalogue? :)

Annie said...

So many fab designs! Being from Sweden I have never stitched a project by Just Nan, but they look beautiful, especially the seasonal designs:D

OhSewCrafty said...

Congrats on your 999th post, very cool! Impressive collection of Just Nans, love the spooky smalls especially. My most stitched it also a J, I think....

R's Rue said...

Love it so much. Beautiful

Tiffstitch said...

oh my goodness, 999 posts! That's incredible. And I love that it's all about Just Nans as well. So many beautiful ones you've stitched.

FlashinScissors said...

Amazing Jo! Congratulations on 999 posts!
So much beautiful stitching! Well done my friend!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Leonore Winterer said...

No surprises here, but I'm certainly not disappointed - they are all so pretty, I can't believe I'm just stitching my first JN right now! Linked up too, I tried having a little fun with the theme.

Christine said...

I knew you'd stitched a lot of JN but wow! That's even more than I thought.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Jo, I have a long way to go before I've finished as many Just Nan as you. It's lovely to see them all in one post.
Well done on reaching nine hundred and ninety nine posts (now exceeded).