Translate

Monday 20 July 2020

July TUSAL


It's TUSAL time!

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


This is Joan Elliott's Faces SAL started back in 2014.  I did well to start with but didn't like the cat chosen for Block 2 so the project stalled.

I completed the first block in good time:

August 2014

Then it sat until the DUCJC in January 2015:


Fast forward to Joan Elliott July 2017 and her arms got stitched:


Longest Day 2018


Longest Day 2019


Longest Day 2020


Today:


The plan is to spend as much time on her this month as I can and see if I can complete this block.  There's a lot of over one skin to be done.  We shall see.



Finally, the Summer Blog Hop.  Anyone want to do a Summer Blog Hop this year?  I thought we could do a Know Your Blogging Friends Hop.  I allocate you the name of a fellow blogger and you make a post about them, showing something you think they would like to stitch.  Could be something you have stitched or something you found online you think they would like to stitch.

So, for example, if you got me as your Blogging Friend you would write a post about my Blog Hops and show a dragon design (or 2!).

To take part, leave a comment here.  I'll take sign-ups through to the 28th July and then allocate names with the posts going up on 8th August (It was my Nana's Birthday).

9 comments:

Barb said...

You are brave all that over one would be a big NO for me! It is very pretty and will be lovely as you go along!

butterfly said...


Love your Joan Elliott stitch .
The girl is so beautiful.
Have a fun week.

Rhona said...

Hope you manage to complete the block, it's such a lovely design.

diamondc said...

Jo: I do like one over one.
Joan Elliot's face designs are so pretty.
Your stitching is lovely.

Catherine

Cathy said...

The Joan Elliot design is very pretty; I especially love the first square! Are you going to replace the cat square?

Leonore Winterer said...

It'll be fun to see some actuall progress on this one after all the mini steps you took!

Bethan said...

This looks very pretty - good luck in your quest to finish the block!

Katie said...

Good luck!!

Rachel said...

Love the progress pictures as you stitched on her for half an hour or so each year. At least you can genuinely claim this wasn't an abandoned WIP! :)