Translate

Wednesday 15 July 2020

July Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post



Welcome to the July Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

My main project for Gifted Gorgeousness has been my Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs, which will be a gift for my son.  This is the portion I have been working on in July, not much to show yet, I just added some islands and a cute Sea Monster:



stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

My current Just Nan design, Holly Noel, was a gift from Brenda:

stitched on 28 count Beige evenweave

I've actually stitched a lot more than that but I am saving the photos for when I have added the beads!


The final gifted project for this month is the 12 Days of Christmas by JBW.  Two of my friends bought two charts each for my Christmas present.  I started one design per day for the 12 Days of Stitchmas and have completed the Seventh Day: 


stitched on 40 count white linen, 1 over 2

My real-life stitchy friend has a Birthday at the end of this month.  As we haven't been able to meet up in person for so long, I decided to make her a Bitchy Socks Box.  Not to be confused with Stitchy Box as that is TM.   She has a small parcel to open each day in July until her Birthday on the 29th.  Here they all are:


The gifts are a mixture of things I have bought (e.g. some GAST threads), things from my stash (e.g. charms) and things I have made (e.g. scissor fob) as well as some hand painted aida.  I discovered that diluted acrylic paint is great for painting aida.  If it's too bright - just give it a tea bath!

It's been a fun thing to do and she is enjoying each parcel.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "July Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*




Finally, the Summer Blog Hop.  Anyone want to do a Summer Blog Hop this year?  I thought we could do a Know Your Blogging Friends Hop.  I allocate you the name of a fellow blogger and you make a post about them, showing something you think they would like to stitch.  Could be something you have stitched or something you found online you think they would like to stitch.

So, for example, if you got me as your Blogging Friend you would write a post about my Blog Hops and show a dragon design (or 2!).

To take part, leave a comment here.  I'll take sign-ups through to the 28th July and then allocate names with the posts going up on 8th August (It was my Nana's Birthday).

17 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching as always, your gift idea is wonderful, such a lovely thing to do

Barb said...

What a wonderful idea for a stitchy friend!! Love that cute sea monster!

DJ said...

Such pretty stitching! Your Discworld is coming along nicely!! Such a fun piece! Love the Just Nan and of course, your 7 swans a swimming is just too sweet. Thanks for hosting GG!

Elfie said...

I always look forward to 15th of each month,and your is the first GG report I enjoy. Your stitching is lovely, as always. Can't wait to see the Noel with beads. Please add me to the Summer Blog Hop, though for me it is mid-winter.

diamondc said...

Jo: Your Mappe is so cool, I am so looking forward to seeing it finished.
all your designs are lovely.
The Seven Swans A Swimming is very pretty.
What a fantastic idea for gifting, opening one gift at a time is a wonderful idea.

Catherine

Christine said...

Such a great gift for your friend!
I love the little sea beastie.
Just a question about the blog hop - are we naming our blog partner or is it like a "through the keyhole" type of thing?

Mary said...

Jo, Where do you find the time?? What a lovely idea for a Birthday gift to have so many little packages leading up to the big day! Glad to see Disco word has been getting more progress, your son must be thrilled that the end is near!

jocondine said...

Lovely swimming swans and lucky friend (certainly very happy to get one year older). I'd love to be part of the Summer Blog Hop too. xxx

Vickie said...

HA! Your gift idea is great!

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Jo you really are a busy bee .
Love the gift idea for your friend.

Linda said...

I really love your birthday box gift. What a wonderful idea. How fun it would be to open a little gift each day.

Linda

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely stitching as always. Noel will look great when the beads are added. I like your birthday present idea for your friend.

Beth in IL said...

Love your gift idea! You crack me up. And Discworld is looking great.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great update on your stitching and what an awesome birthday gift! I'm sure she'll liver her Bitchy Socks (TM).

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh Jo, Lovely stitching as always! Great progress on Discworld, and I love the swan!
My goodness what a wonderful gif for your friend’s birthday. I love the tip about dying Aida, thank you for that!
Eek I’m so late, again, but I’ve just linked up with my little bit of cross stitch.
I was so pleased I was able to use photos from my phone this time hence no links on the post at the moment, but I’ll update tomorrow.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Mini said...

Good progress on your projects.The gifts for your friend look so neatly packed. Would we be able to see whats inside?

Katie said...

Hey I'm back...for now haha. Lovely progress on your gift stitching and I just LOVE the stitchy gift for your friend. How fun!