Translate

Thursday 23 July 2020

Pandemic Stitching and Tag

As well as following blogs and belonging to various Facebook groups, I also watch some FlossTube videos.  These are great for keeping me company while I stitch.  Abi Bellastitch is one of my favourites.  If you watch this video you get an idea of her humour when she says "it's March 925th, I don't know, it's July Something".

She has written a tag for us for the Pandemic and I thought it would be fun to join in.  She says to use the #bellastitchpandemictag but I have no idea if those work on blogs so I will leave her a comment when I am done.  If anyone wants to join in I suggest you do the same.


1. What country are you in?
  
The Far East of England.  Literally, go any further east and you have to swim the North Sea.



2. When did you start staying home?  

The last day I worked was stocktake day on Wednesday 18th March although the shop didn't close until the following week.   My boys finished school/college that weekend.  I went back to work on Friday 19th June.  But that is the only extension I have made to my "bubble", I haven't been in any other shops or houses.

This is what I was stitching on day 1 of lockdown:



3. Did staying home bother you?

Me - no, I was quite happy.  The boys were not which made me unhappy.


4. Are you an essential worker?

Yes and no.  Bookseller is apparently non-essential so we all got furloughed but I am also a Carer for my son so I was "working" 24/7 as a very essential worker.


5. How do you cope (with the current situation)?

Stitching, stitching, more stitching, chatting to friends online and stitching.  Also planning my 2021 stitching.


6. How many projects have you started since lockdown?

Between 18th March and 19th June I started 8 new projects.  All smalls, mostly all planned but two surprise additions thanks to the #Bewell project.

Drawn Thread - Be Well freebie


7. How many projects have you finished since lockdown? 

In the same timespan I completed 10 projects.  This freebie was finished just after I went back to work:

My Fanny - Quarantine House freebie


8. Where have you been doing your pandemic stash shopping?

I didn't really buy much at all, just some DMC from Lakeside Needlecraft who were doing an amazing job of keeping everyone happy in very difficult circumstances. 


9. Are you joining the #damnitmeagansal?

Apparently this is for the Long Dog Sampler entitled Pandemic.  I downloaded it and would love to stitch it but I can't see it fitting into my plans just yet.



10. Are you joining @stitchem in her #schlongalong?

Not aware of this one!  I don't do Instagram.


11. What other SALs have you joined?

Apart from all the usual blog SALs, Leonore and I have a Just Nan Summer Sampler SAL going.  We are both stitching Morning Meadow, a few bands each week over the summer.  Here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count pale green Belfast linen


12. What are you looking forward to in the 2nd half of 2020?

My Birthday and Hallowe'en!  Then Christmas.  Finishing some of my "20 in '20" WIPocalypse projects.  Fully finishing more things too.


I also have my 20-a-Day SAL (increased from 10-a-Day for 2020).  Recently I have been stitching Small Delights Spring! from Just Nan and here is my finish:

stitched on 32 count pale green linen

The linen just does not photograph well, it is exactly the same shade as DMC 772, so look at that skein!  I didn't have the correct bunny charm so I used this cute one:


I also didn't have the pearl discs so I used a sequin and a bead instead.


There is a touch of metallic in the frogs and I love their bead eyes!


I will be focusing on the Summer SAL until September and then I am thinking of starting a spooky design to last until Hallowe'en.  20 stitches for 60 days is 1,200 stitches which is roughly a 50 x 50 design.  (Based on 50% coverage)



Finally, the Summer Blog Hop.  Anyone want to do a Summer Blog Hop this year?  I thought we could do a Know Your Blogging Friends Hop.  I allocate you the name of a fellow blogger and you make a post about them, showing something you think they would like to stitch.  Could be something you have stitched or something you found online you think they would like to stitch.

So, for example, if you got me as your Blogging Friend you would write a post about my Blog Hops and show a dragon design (or 2!).

To take part, leave a comment here.  I'll take sign-ups through to the 28th July and then allocate names with the posts going up on 8th August (It was my Nana's Birthday).






10 comments:

Cathy said...

Your Summer SAL is very pretty and it was interesting to see how you've handled the pandemic.

Barb said...

I had not heard of this but it was fun reading all your answers. I also enjoyed a recap of your stitching!

butterfly said...


Love to see all your stitching .
Enjoyed your answers to.
Have a fun stitching week .

Mary said...

Nice to learn more about you! Love that Spring Just Nan design. I think working in a bookstore is a dream job!

Linda said...

Great post Jo. Fun to read.

Linda

Bethan said...

It was interesting to read your answers and see lots of lovely stitching x

the grey tail said...

Ciao Jo!! So good to read from you again, I missed you 💕💜 I’m glad you’re doing relatively fine, and got the chance to bubble yourself up properly.
That survey of sorts was interesting (I’m afraid mine would be an endless litany of not goods and not wells, throw in a mix of terrified emojis as well, why not).
All your green stitching looks so lovely, that linen shade must be just perfect for those projects, great pick [polite tennis claps] [silence, silence, please].
Sending you and your family all the positive vibes and virtual hugs, love 💜 Chiara

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun tag! I really love how the online stitching community has come to gether and helped keep each other sane in these times. Your Morning Meadow is looking great!

Katie said...

Fun answers. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

An interesting compilation of bits of lockdown stitching.
I forget that you stitch a lot of your projects over one; it's only when you photograph them against a skein of thread that their dinky size really becomes apparent. :)