Translate

Sunday 26 July 2020

July WIPocalypse New Designers

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I stitched on 7 of them.  No finishes so far this month.


Ernie Bishop - NOEL Letters
(Project 1)


Joan Elliott - Faces
(Project 2)


Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
(Project 5)



JBW - 12 Days of Christmas
(Project 11 - Book 3)


Hands on Design - Broomstick Fuel
(Project 15)



Amanda Butler - Alice in Wonderland SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine
(Project 17)


Just Nan - Morning Meadow
(Project 19)


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

July – What new charts or designers are catching your eye this year?

There are always new designs and new designers enabling us so I will choose just three.  First of all, a new design from an old favourite.  As well as being the day for Gifted Gorgeousness, the 15th of each month is New Mirabilia Day.  Earlier this year, Nora Corbett produced a stunner - Princess Elliana AKA Quarantine Princess - which is going straight to the top of my Birthday list:




My second choice is a husband and wife duo called Autumn Lane Stitchery.  Cassandra has been part of the Mirabilia World for years and has now persuaded her artist husband to design cross stitch too.  They have some amazing Hallowe'en designs and some great mermaids.  They favour an enhanced silhouette style which look fantastic on hand-dyed fabrics.  These are just two:



My third choice is another Etsy based shop who do amazing Literary Travel Posters as cross stitch charts.  Fancy a holiday in Mordor?


Country Magic Stitch can take you there.  Or maybe you'd prefer Tatooine?



Both sound perfect for a Summer Holiday break away from the Pandemic Planet!  Which brings us on to the last chance to join my Summer Blog Hop:




Finally, the Summer Blog Hop.  Anyone want to do a Summer Blog Hop this year?  I thought we could do a Know Your Blogging Friends Hop.  I allocate you the name of a fellow blogger and you make a post about them, showing something you think they would like to stitch.  Could be something you have stitched or something you found online you think they would like to stitch.

So, for example, if you got me as your Blogging Friend you would write a post about my Blog Hops and show a dragon design (or 2!).

To take part, leave a comment here.  I'll take sign-ups through to the 28th July and then allocate names with the posts going up on 8th August (It was my Nana's Birthday).







13 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes! I love the Welcome to Tatooine stitch. :)

butterfly said...

Great post again .
Love some of those charts on your Birthday list .
Have a fun week , hugs .

Linda said...

Great progress on all of your projects this month Jo. I love the posters and have bought several but not started any yet.

Linda

Barb said...

You may not have a finish but you have made good progress on lots of things!

Cathy said...

You got a lot of stitching done this month. I love the mermaid chart on your birthday wish list.

Sandy said...

I love your projects and the charts that you are showing as new charts. Totally forgot I got one of the Halloween by that designer.....hummmmm wonder where I put it.

If you do the blog hop, I would love to participate :)

Sandy

OhSewCrafty said...

Lovely projects, especially the JE and the Alice SAL. You're so close to finished on Discworld, can't wait to see the whole thing.

Annie said...

I really like the Halloween piece:) With the right kind of fabric it'd look amazing!!!

RONI said...

Hi, am I too late to sign up for this one? Been blogging since 2013 but only recently started being craft-related, so I've never dared join in before.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on everything! The Faces SAL is stitching up so nicely.
Great finds too - I hadn't heard of Autumn Lane before, their designs look lovely.

Katie said...

Fantastic progress on everything. Love your new designers you shared.

Christine said...

Oooh, off to check out the Literary Travel Posters now!

Rachel said...

Some interesting designers there. I've seen the Travel Posters, but need to check out Autumn Lane. I'm wondering if Princess Elliana made it into your birthday presents; I'll find out soon. :)