Translate

Sunday 19 July 2020

July IHSW



IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I started the weekend by working on Friday, since we have reopened Friday has become my "set day" as that is when the Small Boy was at school, until the end of term anyway.

I did get to stitch on a Just Nan Small in my lunchbreak as well as at bath-time.  This one is Jasmine Mix:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha

For Saturday and Sunday I worked on Discworld Mappe for my focus piece.  Then this happened:


Yes, I completed the final corner of the Mappe!

I made one small change to the design, the original has the credit to the person who drew the original artwork so I changed that to "Stitched by me".  I also believe that is a Murder Hornet from the Cataclysmic Year of 2020:


The little boat was the last motif to be stitched:


All I need to do now is go over all 30 pages and make sure I haven't missed anything and then backstitch the Longitude and Latitude lines.  Or whatever the Discworld has instead.  Lots of couched straight lines.

I also started Week 3 of my Just Nan Summer Band Sampler SAL with Leonore.  We are both stitching Morning Meadow:

stitched on 32 count pale green linen

I made the bunnies two shades darker as the charted colour didn't show up so well.  The next band down is Rice Stitch in the same colour as the strawberries.  I am using a blend of 3687/3688 which is coming out a bit dark for this band.  I am going to start at the other end doing the main X in the darker shade and the corner stitches in the paler shade and see how that looks.


Finally, the next IHSW will be 21st-23rd August so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.




13 comments:

Laura said...

Oh having a weekend to stitch sounds heavenly! Lovely stitching and that is a fascinating map!!

Katya said...

Beautiful stitching! I especially enjoy your map. The murder hornet is a nice touch (did that sound strange?)

Lisa said...

Love your progress on Discworld Mapp

Beth in IL said...

Bravo on an almost finish. If Discworld needs a new home, I have a spot for it.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Jo, congratulations, what a fabulous achievement. Discworlde looks amazing!

Margaret said...

Well done with the Discworld map. I look forward to seeing the final finish.

Christine said...

Oh wow! I'm so looking forward to seeing this completed.
What will your next BAP be?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I always have good intentions to take part in IHSW but it never seems to happen.
Congratulations on finishing the Discworld Mappe. I hope you didn't find anything missing when you checked it. I look forward to seeing it finally finished.

Mary said...

Congratulations on finishing Disco Mappe!! I can't wait to see it in full. Your son must be thrilled as you are that it's done. I can't imagine stitching something with 30 pages!!

Linda said...

Amazing progress on the mappe Jo. So close to a finish.

Linda

Leonore Winterer said...

OOooh! Well done 'finishing' the Mappe. I'm sure you'll have the momentum now to finish the last steps in no time!

Katie said...

Ohhh I'm so glad I read this post. Can't wait to see it completely completed.

Rachel said...

OK, I know I'm really late, but I still see no harm in congratulating you on finishing the main stitching on the Discworld Mappe. Such a huge achievement, and with plenty of time remaining before the big day. I hope you didn't find anything, or at least too much, missing when you went back over the 30 pages. :)