Translate

Wednesday 25 November 2015

November WIPocalypse Favourite Designer

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

The focus of my WIPocalypse will be my "15 in '15"which are 15 charts I want to stitch in 2015 (following on from my "11 in '11", "12 in '12", "13 in '13" and "14 in '14" - imaginative, eh?)
Over the last month I haven't actually stitched any of my 15!  Bit of an epic fail there then.  Just looked through the diary to what I did stitch and it's mostly the Blue Ribbon design and the Plum Street 12 Days charts.   I have finished 10 out of the 15 so I suppose the other 5 will form the basis of next year's WIPocalypse.

I have now stitched 7 of the Blue Ribbon blocks and have made a very small start on Part 2 of this project, a teeny tiny over 1 ghostie:

stitched over 1 on 32 count blue linen

Fortunately Measi always set us a topic to discuss or this would be a very short post indeed!

November - Which designer has inspired you to stitch the greatest number of designs and why do you think that is?  

Now this is where my Happy Dance blog comes in useful!  I simply looked down the sidebar and saw that I'd stitched 27 projects by Joan Elliott and 29 by Just Nan!

Quite a few of the designs were for Round Robins so that partially answers the question.  If you take part in a Joan Elliott RR you will be stitching a few of her designs!

Here is a collage of the pieces I stitched for that RR with the larger picture being the one that was stitched for me:


I think that collage illustrates why I like Joan Elliott so much, there is such variety in her work.  From the lovely fairies to the oriental designs and the fantasy creautures.  If you add in her cute animals then there is something for almost every taste.

Just Nan is another favourite because of the variety of her designs.  Regular followers will know I stitch a lot of her Hallowe'en designs and her band samplers too.  But this was the very first JN I completed:

DSC02117BlueTilefloral.jpg Blue Tile Floral
Gabriella 
stitched on raspberry evenweave in 1999

Just Nan does a lot of little spooky stitches in sets which I love.  She tends to use the same colour scheme for her spookies which means they look great as a set too.

If you want to see all of my JE and JN finishes click on these links:




Finally, still time to sign up for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop, just a couple of spaces left.  It doesn't have to be a new design, it could be a Golden Oldie.  We all love to see the older designs refeatured.  Leave a comment if you'd like to be in the Hop.



17 comments:

Christine said...

I did one of those JN angels years ago too, she comes out every Christmas

Justine said...

Lovely stitching - the RR piece you received is gorgeous! I'm so glad you said that about older Christmas designs for the Advent Blog Hop. Really takes the pressure off!

D1-D2 said...

I guessed that Joan Elliot would be your favorite lol I hope to one day stitch her Japanese Ladies.

Katie said...

Oh loads of beautiful stitching!! Great check in!

Heather said...

I love Joan Elliott even though I only have one project of hers so far. I haven't stitched any just nan yet but I love seeing everyone's photos

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely to see so many JE designs all together,so pretty.
If there is still a space left,I'd like to take part in your Advent Blog Hop please Jo.

diamondc said...

I think as of now my favorite Designer is Tammy Black she has many new designs out and I am on the road to doing almost all of them, otherwise as for a previous designer I like Plum Street Samplers.
A little progress is better then no progress, I like the 15 In 15 and now 16 in 16 such a great idea.

Blessings
Catherine

Barb said...

Lots of wonderful stitching. I would love to have a place in the Advent blog as long as I can use an oldie!

ANGIE said...

Wow! So many lovely stitching! Happy stitching!

Julie said...

Your JN collage is super.
I am definitely doing a JN next year....

Sarah in Stitches said...

Those are quite a few Joan Elliot RR's you've taken part in! Lovely stitching. That first Just Nan piece you did is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful!!!!!!

Bea said...

Those are great Joan Elliot pieces - I've done a few small ones with several patterns in her books marked "must do". Your Just Nan is lovely - don't think I've seen that one before.

gominam said...

Gorgeous ladies! I like JE designs too:)

Rachel said...

Wow! That's a lot of beautiful projects you've stitched by just two designers. Good job you're organized enough with your labels to find them quickly! :)

Unknown said...

Hello! Your works are fabulous! I like especially the one with Iris. It's so tender and serene. I hope you are doing well. My hubby says hello. His favorite one is Gabriella.
All the best from Claudia and Harold Bonds
Claudia's history page - http://essaytoday.net/

Leonore Winterer said...

I love these JE RRs you stitched on...her designs go so well with RRs and taking just small portions, but the whole designs do look stunning as well :D