Translate

Friday 20 November 2015

November Stitch From Stash

Month: November
Spent:   £ 10.17
Earned: £ 0.00


Stitch from Stash was hosted by Mel from Epic Stitching

Essentially the idea behind Stitch from Stash was that we were limited to spending US$25 (or £15) per month. There were various exemptions (Birthday money, existing mag subs, clubs etc) but the idea was not to try and pervert the rules and to stitch some of that stash!

I'm using the past tense because sadly Mel has decided not to continue with Stitch from Stash.  However, I'm not one to let a little thing like the organiser dropping out of a SAL to stop me completing the year!  Especially with only 2 posts to go.

So, here is my spend this month, all Thanks to Trixie The Hallowe'en Witch.

July Budget
£ 15.00
July spend
£   7.75
August Budget
£ 15.00
August spend
£ 14.57
September Budget
£ 15.00
September spend
£   0.00
October Budget
£ 15.00
October spend
£   0.00
November Budget
£ 15.00
November spend
£ 10.17
Current Balance
£ 42.51
What did I spend that on?  
Petite Treasure Braid Black - £ 3.56
Kreinik #4 Black - £ 3.25
Perforated Paper Brown - £ 3.36

And here they are being used for Trixie:

from Brooke's Books

I wanted to try the PTB but it was too thin for her hair.  Two strands were perfect for the broom though and I will use it again.  It costs a little bit more than Kreinik and you get twice as much but if you have to stitch with two strands then Kreinik is more cost-effective.

What else have I been stitching?  I've been alternating between two projects; one Hallowe'en and one Christmas.  The Hallowe'en is by Blue Ribbon Designs from the recent JCS Ornie Special:


The block with the tree, moon and bats was for the Hallowe'en Ornie Blog's theme of the month - Creepy Trees.  I decided to continue with the rest of the blocks and make something out of them.  I'm using a random 32 count blue linen which came from my old LNS which makes it at least 7 years old because that's when it shut down!

We have now chosen the themes for next year for the Hallowe'en Blog so why not pop over and see if you like the look of any of them.  We also welcome new stitchers.

The other project is Plum Street Samplers' 12 Days of Christmas.  I knew Sixth Day would slow me down.  That's a big fat goose to stitch!

stitched over one on 25 count linen

I'm using a different accent colour for each block and changing the accent parts from the charted design too.  For Fifth Day I had to use Gold.  Because there wouldn't have been much gold with just the rings I decided to have a whole gold tree.  Seventh Day has been released so I am still only one day behind.  Not too bad!



Finally, it's time to sign up for the final blog hop of the year - The Advent Calendar.  Same format as last year - sign up and be allocated a date.  Post a stitched Christmas picture on your date plus a comment about the festive season.  You can email me now if you like stating if you have a preference for an early date or later in the month or any dates you can't do.


19 comments:

Bea said...

Love Trixie's sense of style! Really enjoying the 12 Days designs as well. There's a certain air of elegance about them.

Heather said...

Everything looks great! I like the gold tree :)

Linda said...

Awesome stitching Jo. I love your color changes.

Linda

Barb said...

You are doing very well with not spending too much! The Halloween blocks are so cute.I am really enjoying seeing all the ways people are stitching the PSS freebie design!

Mini said...

Trixie looks amazing with her small little accessories. wow these special threads are quite expensive. I like the idea of sticking to posting for the SAL as long as it inspires you.That's what im doing for one of the SALs i joined(the host wasn't courteous enough to let us know why she isn't posting the link up).

Brigitte said...

Great pieces that you stitched from your stash. I think if I were still a member of the group I would also like to finish it on my own. Why not ...

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Trixie is so cute! Love your stitching. Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

Christine said...

Your twelve day are looking wonderful

Kaisievic said...

Great stitch from Stash, Jo and lovely stitching. I will give the Advent blog hop a miss this year, as I am just too busy getting ready to go away in mid-December.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Love your 12 Days. Great job sticking to your budget, too!

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and finishes!

Mabon Stitcher said...

I love the SFS idea. I attempted a frugal spending for this year as a Resolution, but that fell flat as I tried to do it cold turkey. This set mthly limit looks like it was much easier for you to meet your goals with. :) I may have to adopt this idea for 2016.

Good Work

Julie said...

Trixie does look fabulous.
I'm catching up with the twelve days. almost finished number 5 ...

Susan said...

Everything looks great. Love Trixie. I usually use PTB because it is smoother, but it looks like Kreinik may be better on paper.

Justine said...

I love the flashing Christmas tree - really puts me in the mood for some Christmas stitching! I don't know how you can stitch Halloween all year round, especially when it's just passed. Your stitching looks great though. Well done on sticking to budget.

Sheryl said...

Pretty blue ribbon design stitching. great work on the 12 days of Xmas, like the colours. I am working on it also.

Rachel said...

Well done on your SFS budget! Have you got anything in mind to treat yourself to at year end?
Love the Halloween squares too. Lovely stitching! :)

Leonore Winterer said...

You've been good with your SFS - I stil love Trixie and those little blocks are really cute as welL!

Heather said...

Jo, is it too late to sign up to be part of the blog hop? If not, I'd love to be part. Any day works for me. Thanks!