Translate

Tuesday 24 November 2015

500th Post!



That's a real cause for celebration!  I have been blogging for over four years and seven months now and love every minute of it.  I've made some great friends and stitched an enormous amount of little x's.

Here's a look back at some milestones posts:

100th post - 8th March 2012
WIPocalypse catch-up and a rant about "touchers"

The Dark Alphabet letter T

200th post - 15th February 2013
Theme-a-licious progress

Joan Elliott Cherub

(finished some time later, I frogged the heart as I didn't like the colour contrast)

300th post - 20th January 2014
Stitch From Stash SAL

Just Nan Lady Scarlet's Christmas

400th post - 24th December 2014
Advent Calendar Blog Hop



Well, isn't that just the most serendipitous co-incidence?  I really had no idea that was my 400th post until I just looked!  Of course I am now taking sign-ups for this year's Advent Calendar.  I really do need more people this year.  Last year we had so many we did double-up Sundays, this year we are a little short!  So please sign up now.

So much for past stitching, what about the current projects?  I have just spent the weekend with Elizabeth Shephard from Scarlet Letter.  Here she is now:

stitched on 30 count linen

I've been working on that floral motif to the left hand side this week.

I'll save my Plum Street Samplers for the Smalls SAL this Wednesday and show you two pieces which I've had to keep secret up until now.  The first is an ornie for Clare AKA Aimetu:


Earlier this year Clare told us she is decorating a tree for her church's Christmas Tree Festival and her theme is Joy to the World.  She invited us to send in Joy ornies.  The little Jeanette Douglas design came from JCS back in 2010 and has now been received by Clare.  I changed the colours to make it a little brighter.

I made a beaded hanger for it.
I am rather pleased with it and will do that again.

The second donated stitch is for my dear friend Mouse who will be celebrating a zero themed Birthday at the start of next year.  She has decided to make a quilt using squares stitched by all her friends.  Well honestly, I changed my mind four times on what to stitch!  The obvious thing is a little mouse but then I thought "everyone will do mice" so I thought of a monogram and downloaded a few.  Then I found my Michael Powell book and a lovely cake (who doesn't love cake on a Birthday?).  But then Glendon Place went and released this SAL design and I really wanted to stitch it.  There wasn't time to stitch this AND a square for Mouse so I thought "I will stitch this FOR Mouse, it has the perfect title too!"  More serendipity, you can see why I named my blog, can't you?

Friendship Compass by Glendon Place

I only stitched the centre because I felt the whole square might overpower the quilt a little plus it looks more compass-like.  I added my initials to the East point because I live in the most easterly point in the country.  I also subbed the beads for eyelets in bright pink. 



So, a big Thank You to everyone who follows and reads my blog; if you haven't already clicked the Followers Button on the right, please do.  It's how I track my followers and find their blogs too.

Finally I am also celebrating a big zero Birthday next year (the same one as Mouse, it was a good year!).  Any suggestions for a project I/we could do to celebrate?  I have a few ideas but they are very much in the draft phase at the moment! 


30 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the milestone post and the upcoming birthday next year! Hope they both bring you many happy returns!

Katie said...

Wohoo Congrats on 500 posts!!! I'm glad to have been a follower for the last year at least. You have a wonderful blog! Love all your stitching. The two gifts are beautiful indeed.

Vickie said...

Yay! Congratulations Jo!
I have had plans for years to stitch up that Joy ornie.
What a great piece you made for Mouse. :)

CalamityJr said...

Thank you for sharing - 500 posts, wow! You haven't written even one I didn't enjoy. :o) I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your milestone birthday.

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finishes Jo. Another congrats on 500 posts.

Linda

Bea said...

500 is a great milestone - congratulations! ES is progressing nicely and I great finishes. The one for Mouse is perfect and Joy is lovely - excellent colour choices.

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on 500 posts! That's a lot of blogging and interesting that your 500th and 400th are somewhat in line with each other date-wise. You do a lot of blog hops, so maybe something different next year? Or re-design Stitch From Stash? ;) It should be something fun for you too.

Justine said...

Congratulations! I enjoyed your retrospective. I haven't been blogging or even reading blogs as long as you have so it's fun to read your earlier posts.
Here's to at least 500 more posts!

Keebles said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! I wish I had a finish on all my milestones!

Heather said...

Wow congrats on 500 posts! I'll hit my 100th soon lol. Lovely stitching I love the Friendship Compass.

Shelly said...

Congrats! Joy turned out really nice and the Compass looks great as it is. Hope you continue to blog. I'm going to check out the Advent Calendar; maybe I'll join in!

Mini said...

Congratulations on 500th post. Thank you for keeping us entertained thru your lovely posts.Here is to many more.
Lovely Joy ornament.

Preeti said...

Congratulations on another milestone!! :) Beautiful ornament and I love your stitched square and the changes you made to it.

Anonymous said...

happy 500th post ☼ Love the colors on your compass

Emma/Itzy said...

Congratulations on so many posts! Here's to many more! x

Emma/Itzy said...

I'm not sure where the Christmas sign up post is - but count me in please :)

Christine said...

Congratulations on 500 posts! here's to 500 more
and now I've got that proclaimers song stuck in my head, which I hate incidentally, and it will be there all flipping day

gominam said...

Big congratulations on this milestone! You never.fail to amaze me with your skills, I have always enjoyed and look forward to your posts. I really really wish to be able to join your Sals and blog hops, someday! If I could just figure out how to work this whole blog thing. I hope you continue to host these:)

Annie said...

Congrats on reaching 500 posts!
I'm not sure how long I've been following, or how many I've read, but I've enjoyed them all:)

Julie said...

Happy 500th. Your joy ornie will look super on the tree, maybe i'll get to see it in person if I venture over to Clare's this festive season.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congratulations on your 500th post! That's amazing. You've been doing some beautiful stitching. I love the Friendship Compass! I'm sure the ladies you've sent these pieces to absolutely adore them :D

Susan said...

WOW! 500 posts! Congratulations. I need to dig through my JCS mags and find that Joy ornament! With Nephew's engagement, I have a whole new family to stitch for now!!

AnaCristina said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your 500th posts...what a great milestone.. I've enjoyed reading them all.

FlashinScissors said...

Well done for your dedicated years of blogging! I haven't even completed a year yet, and I find it completely absorbing. Looking forward to seeing your latest project.
Barbara xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Congratulations on 500 posts! I feel very new in comparison now, and you've been stitching wonderful things from the very beginning! Great current stitching as well, I really like the Joy-ornament and your interpretation of the compass ^_^

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats!! Time flies by too quickly when we're having fun!

Heather said...

Congratulations, Jo!

Steph said...

What a lovely post! Congratulations on 500 posts(plus some now! I am catching up backwards!) Such a joy to read your blog and see your amazing stitching.XOX

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on your 500th post. That's another milestone and wow, you have to show such a lot of stitching. Isn't it nice to go back and have a look at whyt you were stitching on at a certain time in the past?
Great gifts for Clare and Mouse. And wonderful progress on the Quaker project.