Translate

Wednesday 11 November 2015

November TUSAL

Tusal

It's TUSAL time again!  For those of you new to blogging, the TUSAL is a project run by Daffycat, click on the button on the right hand bar for more details.

Here is my ORTS jar posing with the current stitching projects:


On the left we have Brooke's Book's Stitcher's Alphabet and on the right we have Plum Street Sampler's 12 Days of Christmas.

Here's a close-up of the Stitcher's Alphabet, D is for Darning.  Something I never do!

stitched on 28 count afghan

Next up is a Happy Witchy Dance for another Brooke's Book's project - Trixie the Hallowe'en Witch:

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave, accessories on perforated paper.

Don't you love the tasselled broom?  I was very pleased with the way that turned out.  Less so with the little bows I was supposed to attach to her hat and skirt, so I left them off.

I've mounted her for my scrapbook in a wonderful spooky paper, from Scrapping The Magic's Twilight collection.


If I'd have planned it from the beginning I'd have stitched Trixie on grey fabric rather than tan.  But I didn't!

Still in a spooky frame of mind, it's time to announce the solution to the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop.  Thanks to everyone who took part and correctly guessed the answer

GHOULIES' NIGHT OUT

(Inspired by my latest Just Nan finish Ghoulies and Ghosties)

the winner, drawn by the Large Boy from a deck of cards is


She wins the chart for Witchy Brew you can see here which will be winging its way to her once I can get to the Post Office.

I did manage to get to the framer's this week and collect a very patient Noel Blanc by A Mon Ami Pierre.  I finished this one last year (looking back to check and discovering it was exactly a year ago!) and got vouchers for Christmas but just hadn't got as far as the shop to spend them!  We chose a simple wide white wooden frame which is a little bit more rustic than it appears in this photo.  If you click the photo you can see it a bit more clearly.  This will stay up on the wall until at least 6th January, or longer if I forget to take it down!


Finally, that's got me in the mood for thinking about the festive season and the final blog hop of the year, the Big One - The Advent Calendar.  Same format as last year - sign up and be allocated a date.  Post a stitched Christmas picture on your date plus a comment about the festive season.  You can email me now if you like stating if you have a preference for an early date or later in the month or any dates you can't do. 



20 comments:

Mini said...

Oh i love the framed piece. My favourite colors light blue and white.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I can do any day in December for the advent hop, just let me know when you need me

Julie said...

Noel looks magnificent.
Mrs Witchy has a wonderful broom, that does look comfy to ride!

Mii Stitch said...

Love Trixie!!! She is just perfect :)
Congrats to Justine too, the Halloween blog hop was really fun.

Vickie said...

Ahhh. Noel Blanc is so wonderful Jo. It looks fantastic.
Count me in with the Advent Blog Hop. Any date is fine with me.

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the scrap book finish of Trixie! So perfect. The frame for the Noel Blanc is beautiful. Congrats Justine!!! Please sign me up for the blog hop. Any day works.

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Trioxide is great, love that broomstick!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Or even Trixie, stupid autocorrect!

Heather said...

She looks great! I love her broom. Could you cut around her to cut off most of the tan so she fits the gray better? Or you could carefully paint the tan gray as well. Just a thought it still looks great! I'll do the blog hop. I would prefer any day before the 20th since that's when my mom comes in to stay with us. Congrats Justine!

gominam said...

The framed piece is stunning:) I love how you did Trixie's broom, perfect!

Barb said...

Wonderful stitching as usual. I just might leave the wintry one up all winter. It is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

cute finishes, great framing

Preeti said...

Cute finishes!! Trixie is looking great and the broom is a fantastic touch to the piece!!
Lovely frame, Noel Blanc was always one of my favourites among your projects :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! I love how you finished Trixie. And Noel Blanc looks great in that frame! :D

Christine said...

Noel Blanc looks gorgeous framed. Put me down for the advent calendar hop

Rachel said...

Love your progress and especially love the broomstick!
Your finished framed piece looks adorable and you have chosen a fantastic frame. I hope you get many hours of pleasure looking at t! :)

Susan said...

Everything looks great, as usual. Love the white frame with Noel Blanc, really sets it off perfectly.

Stitching Noni said...

Well done on getting D for Darning finished.... I don't darning either!!! :o)
Trixie looks brilliant all finished - and her broom is just great! I want one like that :o)

Noel Blanc looks fab in the white frame! Of course I just have to join in the Advent blog hop!! Any date suits at this stage :o)
Hugs xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finishes...I love Brooke's designs. And that framed piece looks really great as well!

The Crafty Princess said...

WHOA I love Trixie. That broom is wicked and I adore the beehive hairdo. That is supposed to be her hair right? Perfect framing for your sampler too.
xox Alicia