Translate

Thursday 10 November 2022

Finally Fully Finishing for November

       

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher


This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

As I reported in my IHSW post, I managed to FFO Just Nan's Scream House.  I am so pleased with this finish, it was my unicorn chart for so long and looks great in my Halloween display too.



And now the House has a Mouse:


This is Miss Stitchy Witchy Mouse:


The kit comes with a gold plated needle that is supposed to be attached to the mouse and has threads trailing from the eye.  (Hence the name - Stitchy Witchy).  However, my son is quite attracted to these mice so I don't think it's a good idea to have a needle in one.

I do like her little black cat:



And now, a professional finish, my purple conversion of Nora Corbett's Zodiac Girl Virgo:


My framer chose the frame, she thought this burnished silver would compliment the design.  There is no mount so plenty of the fabric can be seen but there is an inner insert so the glass is away from the beads.



Finally, thanks to everyone who took part in my Annual Halloween Trick or Treat Blog Hop.  The mystery phrase was "Spells & Potions", which went well with the final block on my Cabinet of Curiosities:







13 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Jo, You've always got such fun projects. Your framer did a fantastic job of matching up the frame for the Nora Corbett piece. Happy stitching! -Andrea

butterfly said...

Just so beautiful, love your stitching, Jo.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super finishes. Your Scresm House is lovely and I'm a huge fan of the stitched mice, maybe one day I will try one. The frame is beautiful, it finishes your Zodiac Girl perfectly. Thank you for another fun Blog Hop.

jocondine said...

Great finish, do you put kind of iron frame into the house to help it stand up? The Virgo frame is perfect, love the silver shade, "my framer chose the frame" how I'd like to pronounce this sentence! It would mean that all my waiting for a frame box would be empty! (must become a priority for 2023!). xxx

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Getting enough depth in the frame when beads are involved is always interesting. Burnished silver looks good.

diamondc said...

Jo: Scream House is adorable and the mouse what a perfect little mouse.
Your Nora Corbett Is beautiful, perfect frame.


Catherine

Akila said...

Oh my god, such cute finishes!! I have never done a 3D finish. How neatly you have finished it off

Astrids dragon said...

Miss Mouse and her house, I absolutely love them together!
What a beautiful frame for a stunning finish of Zodiac Girl Virgo, nicely done.
The perfect phrase for your Cabinet finish!

Katie said...

All looks great! Love it.

DJ said...

Ooooh you've been busy! I love all your finishes especially the house. I have that little mouse in my stash...I'm tempted to pull her out and stitch her! Love the little charm in your cabinet...the perfect finishing touch! Congratulations on every finish!

Mary's Thread said...

Marvelous finishes this month, Jo! That Just Nan house is too cute. I love all the details in the Cabinet of Curiosities too!

Leonore Winterer said...

Every house should have a mouse, if it's as cute as this one! Also love your professional finish, the frame is truly stunning.

Carol said...

I adore that silver frame with your Nora Corbett finish, Jo--it's a perfect choice and I like all of the pretty fabric that is showing, too. You've really done a wonderful job on everything!