Translate

Tuesday 15 November 2022

November Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post

       


Welcome to the November Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.  I've been working away on Block 9 recently.  The fill-in on the Mummy took for ever!  It still needs wrapping with straight stitches on top.

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


Just Nan's Scream House became a fully finished object:





The Stitchonomy SAL, The Cabinet of Curiousities, is finished now.

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave

I also completed a block on my Joan Elliott Faces SAL.  The fabric was a gift:

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten

This was a new start for Dark October.  This was a piece I bought with Birthday money back in 2020. It's by Mani di Donna and is going to be a Halloween Sewing Basket:

stitched on 32 count grey linen

This is going to be my Dark 13 project and I plan to stitch it on the 13th of each month.

Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "November Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*


*

Finally, it's time to sign up for the biggest Blog Hop of the year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's:


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.


10 comments:

DJ said...

Thank you for hosting GG again this month. Your stitching is lovely, I've enjoyed watching your HR piece come together. Joan Elliot piece looks lovely too, she really makes her faces come alive! Can't wait to see more of your Halloween basket, it looks great so far! Love your cabinet of curiosities...you've done a lovely job with that! Happy Stitching!

Elfie said...

So many gorgeous projects. I always enjoy my visit here! The finishes are great, and I know I always comment on your fabrics, but once again they have captivated me. So pretty. Sign me up for the Advent blog hop - it's my favourite.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great project Jo, you have some lovely designs on the go. Please sign me up for the Advent Hop.

butterfly said...

Love all you work Jo.
Are the houses hard to do? I would like to stitch a gingerbread house next year.

jocondine said...

So many gorgeous stitchings, the cabinet is fantastic and Joan Elliot is so elegant. I'd to be part of the Advent Hop of course. xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Go ahead and sign me up for the Blog Hop. I can remember to post just might not have time to visit everyone. We'll see.

Beth in IL said...

You are doing a great job on Hawk Run Hallow. How do you divide your time? You get so much done!!!And put me down for the Advent hop!

Sheryl said...

Very varied work as always and such pretty fabric used for the Joan Elliott Faces. Please sign me up for the Advent hop.

Carol said...

You've had a wonderful month of stitching, Jo! That mummy will be so cute when he's wrapped up with stitches :) Love the Scream House as well--it's such a fun and unique finish! Have a wonderful week ahead ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

What a productive month for you! The mummy looks a little naked without his wrappings, though.