Translate

Sunday 25 September 2022

September WIPocalypse Seasonal Stitching

       WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  Since my last post I have stitched on 5 of them and have 2 finishes.


4. Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


9. Just Nan Mermaid Heart

stitched on 32 count grey-green Linen

10. Stitchonomy Cabinet of Curiosities

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave

12. Hands on Design Scary Apothecary Snail Slime

stitched on 28 count Radioactive linen from Chromatic Alchemy


The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 22 in 22


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

September - Are you a seasonal stitcher? If so, which seasons do you find yourself more productive or less productive?

Any season is stitching season!  This year I had a little more stitching time in the summer holiday as it was really too hot to go out much.  The depths of winter are good too for the same reason.  Now everything has reopened after two years of lockdowns I do seem to have more to do outside the house but I can usually manage to stitch between 3pm and 5pm most days.  Unless I'm working.  Then there's always bath-time stitching which is when I'm working on my Cabinet of Curiosities from Stitchonomy.










3 comments:

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything.

Claudette497 said...

You stitch in your bathtub?!? My head just spun around a couple times. You're making great progress on all your pieces, I meant to comment on your last post that I love the tweaks you've made on Cabinet of Curiosities.

Leonore Winterer said...

I checked out your list again and you're making really good progress again - I'm sure by the end of the year, there will be a lot more of the read 'Finish' markings!