Translate

Thursday 15 September 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness September Link-up Post

       


Welcome to the September Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.  Last GG I had made great progress on Block 8 which was here:



It didn't take much to finish this block




And make a tiny start on the bottom row with Block 9:


Here's the whole piece so far:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I finished my Just Nan Mermaid Heart which was a Birthday gift from my son  a few years back.

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen
(more like the called-for Rue Green than this shows)

I picked up Scream House at the start of this month to replace Mermaid Heart, the chart was a gift:


I stitched that little froggie, added the pumpkin beads and backstitched round all the blocks ready for FFO'ing


This is the latest Stitchonomy SAL - The Cabinet of Curiousities.  The kit was a gift from Alyssa for helping admin the group, which now has over 14,000 members!

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave

The kit came with Milk Chocolate Aida but I prefer evenweave so I gave the Aida to a friend who is also stitching the SAL.

The last piece of GG is my Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas.  I only picked this up today so there is a just a little blue on Day 4 so far:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "September Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*


*

Finally, it's IHSW coming up this weekend plus we have an extra Bank Holiday so I'm hoping to get more stitching in on both the Stitchonomy and the Bothy Threads.  The first motif for Stitchonomy comes out on Saturday 17th and then daily for the next 31 days.  It's going to be an effort to keep up with all my other projects too but we shall see!

6 comments:

Elfie said...

I akways enjoy watching a your lovely projects grow, Jo.

jocondine said...

So many bright colors in lovely patterns. xxx

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

As always a great selection of projects Jo. I'm enjoying seeing your progress on Hawk Hallow Run.

Carol said...

Congratulations on yet another block finish, Jo! That is a lot of orange pumpkins :) I can't wait to see the next block on your Bothy piece--really a stunning design so far. And the Cabinet of Curiosities looks so intriguing--enjoy!

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything! Love it all.

Leonore Winterer said...

You made a lot of progress on your gift projects this month - HRH looks great, can't believe you are on to the last row, and I'm happy to see the Bothy 12 Days again!