Translate

Monday 19 September 2022

September IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


It's been a good weekend for stitching!  I was supposed to be going out for lunch on Friday but my son's school phoned to say he wasn't well and I had to go and fetch him.  My lovely friend still went to the cafe and brought me two large slices of cake back! 

So instead of cake and chat, I did stitching.  The WIPGO Board came up with Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas.  This is the first time I've picked it up all year and at the start of the weekend I had stitched a little of the blue background.

Here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

The other project I have been working on is the Stitchonomy Cabinet of Curiosities.  The frame came out on the 10th September and the first motif on the 17th.  What a nice Birthday present!

I managed to stitch all the blocks and I'm working on the border as I complete each motif.  So far we have a Jar of Eye of Newt (Eyes of Newts?) and a Crystal Ball.

stitched on 28 count tan evenweave

The Facebook group is so much fun at the moment, everyone is posting their progress and their adaptations.  I added beads to my newts' eyes.


My evening project has been the 3D Haunted Mansion from Fiona Baker.  I've finished all four walls and might actually stitch them together rather than work on the roof pieces which are not very exciting!  That will leave evenings free for the Cabinet of Curiosities and give me half a chance to keep up!


I've flipped the photo so you can see both sides the right way up!

stitched on 28 count purple linen


Finally, the next IHSW will be 21st - 23rd October so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





6 comments:

Katie said...

Great work. Sometimes when plans fall through it's nice haha. Happy Birthday by the way. Love the Cabinet. Too cute!

Sandy said...

Whew you got a lot of stitching done. Too bad about your lunch being cancelled, hope your son feels better soon. How sweet of your friend to bring you cake.

Lovely stitching. Keep up the good work.
Sandy's Space

Carol said...

Nice progress on all, Jo! Each little block in the Cabinet of Curiosities is like a mini-finish--always a good feeling :) Enjoy your day ♥

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Nice progress on all your projects.
I am looking forward to seeing the Mansion constructed.

Catherine

jocondine said...

Gorgeous color for this haunted house, great project! Hope it will be ready for a Halloween house-warming (we say hanging the fireplace rack) party. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great productive stitching weekend! The new SAL looks very fun.