Translate

Monday 22 August 2022

August IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

This weekend I focused on Nora Corbett's Virgo.  I'm converting her to various shades of purple.

Here is where I started on Saturday:



and here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Virgo Murano from Sparklies

Lots of silver sparkle added to the butterflies, all the gaps in her hair will be beads


The wings are a purple blending filament



I put quite a few more stitches in my Summer Just Nan Mermaid Heart, from here:


to here:

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen

I've completed all the pinks now and started the green.  The design is charted for 939 with a green blending filament on top but I'm using a DMC Satin thread instead.  It's a darker green with a nice sheen to it.



My bath-time project is the 3D Haunted Mansion from Fiona Baker in Cross Stitcher magazine.  I have completed all the purple on three sides and have started the fourth.


stitched on 28 count purple linen




Finally, the next IHSW will be 16th - 18th September (my Birthday weekend) so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

What great stitching , lovely lady .
Your JN looks fab to.
Have fun.

diamondc said...

Hello Jo: I like the color changes to purple, so very pretty, Just Nan is an amazing design, the colors are beautiful together, the fabric is a perfect color to pair with the color threads.
Nice progress on 3D Haunted Mansion.

Happy Birthday ahead of time
Catherine

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Oh I can see the sparkly bits, they are not normally easy to take a photograph so the sparkle shows, well done.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you made a lot of progress! Looks like both Virgo and the Mermaid Heart might be finishes soon?