Translate

Monday 15 August 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness August Link-up Post

      


Welcome to the August Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


My main gifted project is my Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which is my focus project for the year.  Last GG I was plodding along on Block 5 which is almost all full-coverage:


By the end of July's stitching I was here:


Another 3 days in August saw this block finally completed!



Which meant moving over to Block 8.  Here's where I am now:



Here's the whole piece so far:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


The second half of the month was spent on my Chatelaine Gardens of London.  This was a Birthday gift and several friends donated skeins of the silks and DMC needed.  I worked on the various borders:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Linen by Crafty Kitten


My current Just Nan is Mermaid Heart which was also a gift.  My son chose it from my Wish List on SewandSo a few years back.  

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen
(more like the called-for Rue Green than this shows)


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "August Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*


*

Finally, it's IHSW coming up at the end of the week and I'm hoping to get lots of stitching in on my Nora Corbett Virgo design.  It would be amazing if I could complete her this month as we are now entering the Virgo dates at the start of next week.  Stay tuned to see if this happens!


9 comments:

DJ said...

Oh my goodness you’ve got some gorgeous stitching there! Hawk Run is such a fun piece…and your Chatelaine is simply gorgeous! Thanks for hosting GG…always fun to see what others are stitching!

butterfly said...

What can I say but Wow Wonderful stitching Jo.

jocondine said...

Three great patterns, well done on your progress. I do love the chart of the block 5, we don't often see sinking on Halloween piece. They will have a nice pumpkin harvest on block 8. xxx

Elfie said...

Such beautiful projects! I love watching them grow.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching Jo, Hawk Run is lovely as is your Chatelaine. Thank you for hosting GG again this month.

Carol said...

Congratulations on that very solid block finish, Jo! And look how far you've gotten on Block 8! You will definitely have a finish by Halloween :)

Beth in IL said...

Your work is lovely, as usual. I especially love the Halloween from Hawk Run Hallow. Well done!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, you got so much done on block 8 already! Looks like it's moving much quicker than block 5 did. Great progress on the Chatelaine and Just Nan as well!

Sandy said...

You've made lots of headway with all your projects. I'm particularly fond of The Garden of London....so much detail! Beautiful work.
Sandy's Space