Translate

Wednesday 31 August 2022

August Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for some end of the month Pie!





Continuing to hit my 14 days goal on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  This month I continued with Block 5 which went from here:



to a finish here:



then on to Block 8:

stitched over one on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I should get that finished in the first few days of September and then go down to Block 9.

So far the number of days is:

Block 7 - 13 days
Block 6 - 16 days
Block 2 - 19 days
Block 3 - 20 days
Block 4 - 15 days
Block 1 - 19 days
Block 5 - 25 days
Block 8 - 11 days and counting


The WIPGO Board called for Virgo by Nora Corbett which was most serendipitous as we are currently in the star sign of Virgo.  I'm also using a fabric called Virgo for this one!

I did show the finish in my WIPocalypse post but I made a small adjustment since then - I made her earring more dangly:


Here's some more photos:





Here's how she compares to the original on the right:


I started with the dress which is charted for 414 and 415, shades of grey rather than the blue it looks on the cover photo.  I changed those to the lavenders in the new colours - 25 to 30

Her skin is as charted (although it looks paler in the cover photo).

Her hair was the biggest change, I went for the 550 family of purples.

The Caron colours have been changed to two Stef Francis threads, one silk and one cotton.  I used the silk for the butterflies and backstitched in silver metallic.

I also used the silver metallic for the antenna, which I backstitched, then whipstitched to hide the places where it entered the fabric.

The wings are now a purple blending filament with a touch of green satin in the "eyes".  I used a DMC Satin thread for the satin stitch!  Then surrounded them with purple beads.

The larger beads have stayed as charted but all the others have changed.  For the necklaces I stitched over the gaps left in the design for beads and simply strung them on thread and tacked down at intervals so they hung more naturally.

The lowest strand of beads was charted with squares of stitching with a bead in the middle.  I used sequins held in place with a bead.


My final project for the month is Just Nan's Mermaid Heart, which is also a finish!

stitched on 32 count grey-green linen

I am going to try get a better photo of the linen colour!


I've kept my usual bath-time stitching pie as well.  


Most of the month went on the Haunted Mansion by Fiona Baker from World of Cross Stitching magazine.  Warning - this needs two skeins of DMC 333 which is not indicated in the magazine.

stitched on 28 count purple linen


Finally, Stitch from Stash:





Only the usual Shannon Christine 12 Days charts and the continuing Year in the Woods from CGS for this month.








3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

You had a very focused stitching month and WOW, was it worth it! Virgo looks stunning. It seems like the cover picture is pretty bad quality if the skin looks so different, so I'd like to see someone else stitch her up as charted to compare, but your version is soooo pretty - I especially love what you did with the beads!
Mermaid Heart, of course also very pretty, you know I've loved this one since you started working on it :)

Carol said...

Such beautiful stitching last month! I love your Block finish--it's just adorable with all the little sea creatures. It looks so great stitched over one, too. The Nor Corbett finish is exquisite--love her dangly earring :)

Katie said...

Oh I missed looking at your blog. All the lovelies. Beautiful work on everything.