Translate

Friday 15 October 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness October Link-up Post

       

Welcome to the October Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

In September I worked on the Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas kit which was a Christmas present:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

Here are the first two Days completed:

stitched on 32 count grey-blue linen

This next project is stitched from charts which were Birthday gifts and on fabric which was a giveaway gift.  It is my spooky conversion of the CCN Main Street designs.  I started my fourth shop this week.  The turquoise Bakery has become a grey-blue shop:

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies

I originally started at the bottom of the shop but the shade I had chosen was too bright so I moved to the top to try out a different set of colours there.  I have gone for 930 and 932 for the walls which will be filled in next time.

My focus project for Dark October is Just Nan's Scream House.  I started the internal roof pieces in September:

stitched on 28 count Wood Violet linen from Permin

Then stitched on two of the outside walls at the start of October:

stitched on 28 count grey linen

I switched to the CCN Main Street conversion for WIPGO Weekend and just stitched the external roof pieces each evening:

stitched on 28 count grey linen


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "October Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.



10 comments:

Elfie said...

Jo, those Bothy Threads birds are absolutely beautiful. I think that is my favourite 12 Day set. It is so intricate. I enjoyed seeing all your other stitching too, of course.

jocondine said...

I can't stop admiring those two first days of Christmas. The colors are perfect, the finish with the white thread so great and the gold thread amazing (hope it's not a nightmare -like for me- with this metallic thread). All your projects are very nice. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful designs for 12 Days, gorgeous colours. Lovely stitching as always. I'd love to take part in the Halloween Blog Hop, I think I remember how it works.

Vickie said...

The Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas is SO GORGEOUS!

Shelly said...

The Bothy Threads is going to be beautiful but I really like #2! Lots of sparkly gold and greens. Nice progress on the next shop on Halloween Street!

RONI said...

Looking forward to seeing how the Halloween Street piece looks put together!! I've only seen solid pieces on plastic canvas so far, so I'm looking forward to hearing about how they're put together if possible?

DJ said...

Love the Bothy Thread 12 Days pieces, they are just fabulous!!! I have enjoyed watching your spooky conversions come to life. I'm picturing them finished and displayed on a mantle or something like that! Such a fun idea! The scream house is coming along nicely! What a fun project for October! Sorry I was a bit late posting for GG...life seems to have a mind of it's own lately...LOL!

Carol said...

Wow! Your first two days are stunning, Jo, and I can't wait to see the next ten!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love how your dark stitching fits in with the gifts this month - it's all very pretty!

Mary's Thread said...

This particular 12 days series is so elegant. I love the golden highlights on it. Oh, there are so many good ones out there!