Translate

Sunday 10 October 2021

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for October

   

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I decided to try get a headstart on myself this month and framed these two small pieces on the 14th September.

The first one is from 2014 and shows Frankenstein's Kitty and the Bride of Frankenstein's Kitty both by Carand88:


This one is from 2017 and is Spooky Night by Shepherd's Bush:


The spider's web is a scrapbook cutout to add a little something as the frame was a little bit big for the design.

Then I got a big one framed, this was my Summer SAL Sampler with the Just Nan Junkies - Follow the Needle:


I mounted this on a page from a Monet Calendar and put it in a box frame.  There was an extra Ornament design included in the chart and I want to finish that and pop it on the corner of the frame.

Back to Hallowe'en for a special Mouse House.  You all know I've been stitching the Just Nan Mice for a while now and looking for some way to display them all.  I bought this raw wood house on eBay and painted it black.

Here's how it came:


Then I printed off some tiles, bricks and floorboards:


Stuck them to the sides and floors:


Ready for the mice to move in!


I am considering adding some wallpaper.


Of course I am keeping up with my Primitive Hare Celebrations and here is Mabon:




Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person. I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.



9 comments:

Vickie said...

Follow The Needle is a truly gorgeous piece Jo!

Carol said...

Love all of your finishes, but that little mouse house is exceptional, Jo! What fun it must have been to decorate it and you'll even be able to add new details (like said wallpaper!) in the future :)

Mary said...

I concur with Carol!! JUst love that little mouse house!!!

Suzanne H said...

Hi Jo! Loving all your finishes this month. The addition of the spider web to your Shepherd's Bush piece is perfect. And that Mouse House!!! - Adorable!!

Beth in IL said...

I love the little house! It is an adorable idea. You are so clever!

Leonore Winterer said...

You had a very productive month of finishing! How clever to add some background to the Just Nan Sampler. I find it very difficult to find frames that are long and narrow enough for them.
That house for your mice is awesome as well, looks like it was made for them - well, I guess it partially was, with all the customizing you did.

Mary's Thread said...

Your Queen of the Needle is so lovely! And that mouse house, I think I saw it on facebook too maybe, it just the cutest and cleverest thing. I keep my JN owls in my shadow box but just mixed in with my other tiny trinkets. There are several owls including a couple made by children and a needlefelted one. I guess I should share a picture sometime! Anyway this little display of yours will bring your household a lot of joy for many years I think!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my goodness, so many wonderful finishes! I really love how you painted the house and added the extras to it. Those mice have a fabulous home!

Rachel said...

Thanks for taking part in October's FFG SAL, with some lovely finishes as usual. But how cute and perfectly-sized is the little mouse house?! Love the additions, and do agree that it needs wallpaper, although finding something which does not detract from the mice might not be easy. Good luck! :)