Translate

Friday 29 October 2021

October Smalls

       

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


This year my Smalls will be the Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Ornament series but as I've been stitching Dark October you will have to wait for next month to see Day Ten.

I did add October to my Tiny Modernist Calendar:

stitched on 32 count Summer Sky Belfast linen from Silkweavers


I continued with The Primitive Hare Celebrations series, stitching Samhain which is the end of the Harvest and the start of the Dark Half of the year and celebrated this weekend:



stitched on 35 count Cream Linen


Finally, there will be a Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop as usual this year. I have emailed all the participants today so if you signed up and haven't heard from me, check your spam and send me an email if you still can't find it.






11 comments:

Barb said...

Your little calendar is delightful!! I do love the Samhain piece, nice and dark to celebrate the coming dark months!

Mayte said...

Me gusta muchisimo lo que borda, y no sabia yo que en EEUU se celebraba el Samhain, final de la cosecha y la epoca de mas oscuridad del año.
Aqui en España el Sabado cambian la hora, a las 3 de la madrugada seran las 2 de la madrugada y a las 18.00 horas ya sera noche cerrada, aqui en Alicante no oscurece muy tarde pero en Alemania y Holanda y toda esa parte de Europa a las 15.00 h ya es de noche...

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: Tiny Modernist design is so sweet, the lite house has my heart.
Samhain pumpkin is scary looking, love the fabric color.

Catherine

Elfie said...

The Tiny Modernist Calendar is looking great. I wish I could manage such lovely fine fabric. 22 count is my absolute limit these days.

butterfly said...

I love looking at your posts .
Your small SALs are just FAB .
Have a great weekend .

Mary said...

YOur monthly calendar is so sweet, the Samhain pumpkin is pretty scary!!

RONI said...

I like the pumpkin patch on the October calendar square, the house gives me a cosy autumn vibe!

Carol said...

You've done such a great job of keeping up with your monthly calendar blocks, Jo--love your October one! I look forward to seeing your next edition of the smalls SAL in November.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your calendar so far, I might get to it one of these days.
Ooh, spooky pumpkin!

Mary's Thread said...

What cute and seasonally appropriate smalls! Thanks for joining again this month!

Leonore Winterer said...

This Samhein pumpkin looks pretty creepy!