Translate

Sunday 25 July 2021

July WIPocalypse Retreats

       WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "21 in '21" for this year.  This month I stitched on 5 of them, completed 1 and met 2 WIPGO Goals.  


5. Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen


10. Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Lime Green Linen


11. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


15. Hands on Design Scary Apothecary Cauldron Cleaner

stitched on 28 count Radioactive Linen from Chromatic Alchemy


17. Just Nan Follow the Needle

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave


The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 21 in 21


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too:

July – Have you ever attended a stitching retreat? If so, tell us about your experiences.

I have been on two quite different retreats.  The first was a Re-Treat with the emphasis on the treat.  Two sisters owned a converted barn where they held the retreats for only 6 other ladies at a time.  One sister taught the stitching and the other sister did the cooking and also the pampering in the evenings.   I had a wonderful time!  We spent three days just stitching, chatting, eating, having our nails done and shopping in the pop-up shop they had there.

This is the Jane Greenoff class project I completed some years later!



The second was more formal, based in London at the Imperial College in Kensington,  I signed up for a goldwork course.  This was fascinating but sadly I never finished the project.   Eventually I sent it to Dima as she has more chance of completing it than I do.

So my ideal retreat would be a combination of the two; time to chat and a class to learn a new technique or a special class project with a designer I admire.  I would love to get together with more stitchers, especially my blogging friends but that just isn't possible at the moment.  But if anyone is passing this way do get in touch and come round for coffee and stitching!



Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count. Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.


4 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo: Nice finish's, Nora Corbett Gathering Eggs is almost finished.
Nice Jane Greenoff is a sweet design, nice framing.
Congratulations on finishing the four designs.
I have been on many retreats, some with the Minnesota Needlework Guild, there are usually 130 attendants, there are classes and other fun things this last anywhere from 5 days to a week I do the full week.
I also have two retreats I go to one in the spring and one in the fall, for five dollars I teach a beading class, it is different each time, this includes the beads.
At the spring and fall ones we do the cooking, at the Guild one we have a buffet style done by the retreat center, good food.
I love retreats.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

You're making such great progress on all your WIPocalypse projects!
Loved to hear about your retreats. I really hope to find something like that around here, once the pandemic situation calms down a little more.

Carol said...

Oh, your Gathering Eggs is nearly there, Jo! I love it! Do you use one or two threads when stitching on 35 ct. I usually stitch on 40 and am wondering about the coverage on 35 or 36 with just one thread. I've never been to a formal retreat--just a few years of five of us going to an inn and staying three nights together while stitching and chatting. Very relaxing! I know I would not do well at one of those mega-retreats with hundreds of stitchers there :)

Pamela said...

Gathering Eggs is so sweet! I love stitching retreats and attended quite a few when I lived in the US. I miss those get togethers.