Translate

Thursday 15 July 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness July Link-up Post

    

Welcome to the July Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


Deb sent me the charts for the Stoney Creek 2019 Ornaments which were my Stitchmas project this year. I started all 12, one per day and will be completing one per month.  July is for Swans a'Swimming:

stitched on 32 count Lime Green evenweave

I continued with Scream House by Just Nan but didn't finish the wall I was working on:

stitched on 28 count grey linen

I really cracked on with Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow, which was a Christmas present and completed Block 6:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

stitched in DMC except the pumpkin which is a Jodyri thread

My current focus piece is Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett, the chart was a gift from a friend.  This is where she was for the Longest Day Marathon:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen

Since then, I have stitched all the white cloud.  The background is full coverage so takes quite a while, even stitching with just one strand.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "July Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*


Finally, I'm going to be taking sign-ups for my Summer Blog Hop on the same theme as last year - Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count. Have a look at this post for last year and let me know if you'd like to take part this year.





14 comments:

RONI said...

Lovely stitches as always, and so much variety, I think you covered all the UK holidays in one post there! Definitely up for the summer Hop please.

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching always love to see what you are working on.
I love Gathering Eggs, I must dig deep soon in my UFO boxes and pull mine out again soon.
Have a fun day Jo .

jocondine said...

Love the swan pattern and the soup smells great, your Halloween chefs look like pros, wonder was is on the menu. It's amazing how you begin with a nice smile and a basket and end with a cute girl gathering eggs. Everything is lovely. xxx

Elfie said...

I always enjoy seeing all your lovely projects, Jo. So pretty, and so varied.

Shelly said...

Love Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow! Block 1 looks great. Gathering Eggs is great on your fabric choice. I'm stitching something on the same fabric but on the backside where it's not dyed.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Jo on various themes. I'm going to pass on this year's summer blog hop as I'm not so active online just now

diamondc said...

Jo: As always a pleasure to see what you are up too.
Gathering Eggs is such a pretty design and you have made great progress.
The Swan is beautiful, I love the Swan7 charm, so sweet.
I do not celebrate Halloween but like seeing what people are stitching,

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, great progress! The background on Gathering Eggs looks like it'll take a lot of time, but it's so pretty with all those flowers.

DJ said...

It's always a feast for the eyes when I visit your blog! I love all your projects but my favorite is Gathering Eggs. She is simply gorgeous! Such beautiful stitching too! I think I will pass on the summer blog hop...lots going on right now but maybe next year? Thank you again, for hosting GG, it helps keep blogging fun!!

Beth in IL said...

Love, love, LOVE your Hawk Run Hollow piece. Fabulous work.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oooh nice Witchy Stitchy! They turned out great. I really like cauldron fire on that block. Gathering Eggs is progressing well. It's been a while since I have seen her and she has grown so much. Well done Jo, awesome progress.
xo Alicia

The Crafty Princess said...

Sorry forgot to add that I really wanted to get back into IHSW and blogging in general, but of course I was working during IHSW. With the strict lockdown I can't even get much stitching at work as it's soooooo busy. Fingers crossed that I can get some done next IHSW.
xo Alicia

BeingBored89 said...

Everything looks amazing but I always love seeing your progress on Gathering Eggs!

Astrids dragon said...

Your swam looks great, but bring on Halloween! Your witches look amazing, I might have to stitch a separate one for my friend.
Gathering Eggs still looks lovely, beautiful colours.