Translate

Monday 19 July 2021

July IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

Friday was a work day again so I didn't get much done, just a couple of lengths of background on my focus project which is Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett.

Here's where she was when I picked up her up on Tuesday:



Here she is at the start of Saturday:


And here she is now:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha linen

That was a LOT of fill-in, quite mindless but done now.  I'm currently stitching the large lilies on the right and some more fill-in.  Then I can start the lovely border.


My evening project has been another one of The Primitive Hare celebration freebies.  This one is Lammas which is the first Harvest Festival celebrated on 1st August.  I am early for this one!

stitched on 35 count Cream Linen



Finally the next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd August so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





8 comments:

Barb said...

Gathering Eggs is really coming along!

Vickie said...

Gathering Eggs is looking SO good!

Mylene said...

You've made a very good progress on Gathering Eggs. It is looking beautiful.

That is a cute one, the Lammas.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow you got so much done! Well done stunner xo Alicia

Linda said...

Nice progress Jo.

Linda

Mary said...

Gathering Eggs is really coming along now, one of my favorites of your stithing. I never heard of Lammas before, where have I been!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Gathering Eggs is looking great! There's something really satisfying about reaching the edge of a design like this, isn't there?

Astrids dragon said...

Ow wow, look at how close you are to filling up all the upper part of Gathering Eggs. It looks fantastic!
Will you be baking something to go with your Lammas finish?