Translate

Saturday 31 July 2021

July Stitch From Stash and Pie

It's the end of the month and time to look back at my Pie:


I successfully completed the Block in Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow which was carried over from last month and after meeting my mothly goals on Scary Apothecathy and 12 Days of Christmas I was able to focus on Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett.

16 days seems like a lot but they were frequently very short days, sometimes only an hour or two.  And there's a lot of background!

I went from here:


To here:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen

(only showing the top now I am so close to a finish)

It's very encouraging to see how much I actually got done!  I love this chequerboard border, it was one of the things that drew me to this project.  When I complete that, there is another row of turquoise stitches all the way around the outside and a backstitched line round the inside.  Then the backstitch on the girl and some beads.

The plan is to carry on into August and get her finished!

I completed another two bands on my Just Nan Summer Sampler - Follow the Needle:

stitched on 28 count Lilac Brittney evenweave

These last two sentences in the verse made me smile.  I've been stitching them next to my son who is anything but silent!  It should read "Many noisy hours" to truly reflect this stitcher's story.


Stitch from Stash did well for July.  I needed some charms to make a Birthday card and bought two extra packets for myself.  Then a Just Nan sampler came up on eBay along with a card of Caron Impressions needed to stitch it.  Worth the £8.80 I bid on it.




Finally, I'm going to be sorting out the friends for my Summer Blog Hop over the weekend.  So if you've signed up to take part, keep an eye open for an email from me.  Here's last year's post so you can remind yourself what to do!
 



8 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, a finish is coming soon on your Gathering Eggs piece, Jo--can't wait! I so love the colors in this one. Your Just Nan Sampler is growing nicely, too--a nice summer stitch!

Happy August to you ♥

butterfly said...

Love Gathering eggs I must dig deep into my box .
And start stitching this one again , never enough time.
Have a fun week hugs June.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm very behind in blog reading so have lost track of many people's project, however from your pie chart I can see your needle has been flying as fast as always

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that border is just lovely, I can see why you fell in love with it! Great progress, so nice to be almost done with another long-running project.

gracie said...

Oh egg gathering is looking wonderful. I love Just Nan...your sampler is beautiful.

Vickie said...

You know I love Follow The Needle!!

Sheryl said...

Two very pretty designs Jo, I really like the strong colours of the Gathering Eggs piece and the softer shades of the Summer Sampler.

Susan said...

I am fairly sure I have Gathering Eggs in my stash - I was a Mira collecter back in the day, now that there are a couple of girls in the family I should go stash diving to see what I can make for them. Always love a Just Nan and wonderful deal on your Ebay purchase.