Translate

Sunday 30 May 2021

May WIPocalypse First Stitches

     WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "21 in '21" for this year.  This month I stitched on 5 of them and met 1 WIPGO Goal.  

1. Ernie Bishop NOEL Letters
stitched on 28 count linen


4. Chatelaine Gardens of London

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten


10. Stoney Creek 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Lime Green Linen


11. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


20. Country Cottage Needleworks Main Street

stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 21 in 21


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

May – What was the first project you ever stitched? (whether you finished or not)

Way back in 1993 I saw a friend doing some cross stitch, a Country Companions design.  The subject matter didn't appeal but the process did.  So I went down to Bonds department store (part of the John Lewis group) and visited their stitching and haberdashery department.  I bought two mini sampler kits from Anchor and stitched both of them.  I am fairly certain this blue one was the first:


It was swiftly followed by this pink sampler:


Then something on black fabric:



And then a slightly more complex design:



By one of those strange coincidences, the designer for the Chinese Dragon is Serendipity Designs!  I did not remember this until I started my Happy Dance blog a few years after I chose my blog name.


Finally, the WIPGO numbers are out.  1 and 17 which are both Halloween designs.  I am also trying to finish my block on Halloween on Hawk Run Hollow so it's going to be a Dark June, for my stitching but hopefully not the weather!




5 comments:

Susan said...

You certainly jumped into stitching with both feet didn't you? I jumped to more detailed pieces fairly early, but didn't stitch anything on black for many years (I believed all that I heard on it being so hard).

Margaret said...

Yeah for progress on Noel. Ready for display this year:)

jocondine said...

Noël pattern looks exquisite, such an elegant stitching. More cottages done means a lot of houses for the You choose July post (is that a kind of crossover SAL like in TV series?). Hugs. xxx

butterfly said...

Oh Jo love the Noel stitching .
And oh my all the different style's of stitching you stitch I love.
I also like to stitch different types , and I find doing this you never get fed up or bored with stitching.
Have a beautiful week.

Leonore Winterer said...

Noel is coming along really nicely, great work! Love seeing your first projects too, they are impressive.