Translate

Wednesday 19 May 2021

May WIPGO Update

 

Q: What is WIPGO?

A: It's like Bingo for your WIPs.

The idea is to make a board with 25 squares, add a goal to each square, each month the Admin call 2 numbers and you try reach those two goals.

When you complete a row or column, you can reward yourself with something nice.  A new start?  A new chart?  An uninterrupted afternoon of stitching?  Your choice.

This was my board at the start of the month:


May's numbers were 19 and 22.  Which was great for me because I actually completed both those goals in April!  Plus I can mark off number 18 at the end of May too.

I did stitch on both CCN and my Chatelaine this month, to get a head start on the next time those projects get called.  Typically each number on my board takes two weeks to stitch.

I stitched half a shop for my CCN Halloween Village:


stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate by Sparklies

And another telephone box for Gardens of London:


Then we had WIPGO Weekend so my goal was to stitch for four hours over the two days.
Friday was a work day so I wasn't dragging this project into work!


I managed to stitch some of that pretty rambling rose border over the weekend.

Here's where the project is now:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

Next time I will stitch the second guardsman and some more of those rose borders.

The next project in the rotation is Carriage House Samplings' Hallowe'en at Hawk Run Hollow.  This has come up twice this year and I completed one block over those two months so I need to get a second block to mark the number off.

Here's three days progress:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose from Chromatic Alchemy

The double centre block counts as two blocks.  The centre line is where the brown stops at the top of the cauldron.  So this month I completed the cauldron, most of the flames and those lovely smoke swirls.

I plan to stitch for another three days and then use my Tiny Decision app to choose a fourth project for the month.



Finally, it's IHSW this weekend.  I am working again on Friday so this will be my focus piece for the weekend.  You can join in with the fun on your blog or in our Facebook group - IHSW on Facebook











10 comments:

Barb said...

I love to see what you are up to. I plan to stitch only that center from Halloween at HRH! I have the Autumn and that took lots of time and I keep it up Sept.-November.

butterfly said...

Oh Jo you are good and very organized .
I wish I could be , my stitching is in a box and I try to stitch a few stitches on 6 smalls each night and my large I try and stitch 30 mins on one each day , with a mix of a bag of six , so I only work on the one for 6 days .
That way I never get bored .
Your stitching is just beautiful and I love to see what you are up to, have fun.

My Stitching Treasures said...

Nice Wip pieces. I enjoy seeing your blog.

Agi said...

I really like your witch! I was thinking joining the wipgo, but I have only a few - but huge pieces!!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

That's a neat way to pick projects. I'll definitely have to remember that for some time in the future.

Mylene said...

Oh how i wish i am as organize as you...perhaps one day. It is just way too busy with work most days that i don't pick my stitching daily.
Beautiful updates and enjoy visiting your blog.

Leonore Winterer said...

So even though you don't always finish a goal within the month it gets called, this seems to work out pretty well for you! Great work on Gardens especially.

Ann C. said...

I love watching your progress on the Gardens of London project.

An Arizona Stitcher I said...

Love everything you're stitching. HRH Halloween is looking good with 3 days of stitching, wow. I would love to stitch that but I would need 5 more hours added on every day. I just want to stitch everything!

Susan said...

I missed IHSW again! Not sure why I have such a hard time keeping up with it - I did stitch so half-participated. London is coming right along and really enjoy seeing your progress pictures.