Translate

Monday 24 May 2021

May IHSW and F.N.S.I


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.




The third Friday is also the Friday Night Sew In or F.N.S.I. which Kaye introduced me to.  You can find out more about it here - Sugarlane Designs

It looks like Friday is going to be my regular day for work so I take my current Just Nan Band Sampler in to stitch at lunchtime.  This is Nan's Garden:

stitched on 28 count green linen
(green still not showing up!)

The rest of the weekend was dedicated to Carriage House Sampling's Hallowe'en at Hawk Run Hollow:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

This week I used the Tiny Decisions app to chose my final focus piece for the month.  It decided on my NOEL Letters from Ernie Bishop.  This is my oldest WIP and the only one from pre-2000 so it would be good to get this finished.  Basically I have the hardanger and fully finishing to do now.


In the evenings I continued with my Just Nan-a-thon for Stitch Maynia.  Here are Days 15 - 23:



Finally the next IHSW will be 18th - 20th June so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.







10 comments:

Raewyn said...

Gosh you have lots of lovely projects on the go! I especially like Nan's Garden. I haven't heard of IHSW before but what a fun idea!

Barb said...

Nan's Garden is beautiful and I absolutely love the Halloween piece!

butterfly said...

Just love Nan's Garden so pretty .
All your stitching looks wonderful and I love how you rotate .
Enjoy your new week.

Sheryl said...

Love that Nan´s Garden embroidery, so pretty.

Linda said...

Great progress Jo. I'm going to be starting Farms of HRH.

Linda

Mylene said...

Such beautiful projects you are working on.
Nan's Garden is coming along beautifully.

Carol said...

Your Halloween piece is looking so cute--I can almost hear the witch's brew bubbling in that cauldron! And great progress on your Just Nan piece, Jo. Enjoy your weekend--and Happy June!

Ann C. said...

Nan's Garden is coming along beautifully!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a lot of stitching! The Noel banners look great. How exciting to get them this close to a finish!

Susan said...

Love, love, love your Emie Bishop project. Enjoying your Just Nanathon. I am so looking forward to some non-baby stitching.