Translate

Thursday 31 January 2019

Time for January Pie

Image result for january has 93 days meme

It certainly feels that way some years!  Anyway, we have finally reached the end of the month so it's time for pie and budgets.  Pie first:


I am very pleased with my pie this month, it looks exactly as I planned - 2 weeks for Discworld, 1 week for my Chatelaine and the rest of the time on smaller projects including the Christmas and Hallowe'en SALs.

This is where the Discworld Mappe was last time I stitched on it in 2018:


and here's where I am now:


I could have finished the banner but it turns out that I ordered a skein of the darker pink not the lighter pink when I was stocking up on threads for this design.  So I moved on to the island instead.  The island is called XXXX (or Fourecks) and is the Discworld equivalent of Australia.

"when Death requested a book about the dangerous creatures of XXXX from his library, he was subsequently hit by a large pile of books consisting of the various volumes of "Dangerous Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Birds, Fish, Jellyfish, Insects, Spiders, Crustaceans, Grasses, Trees, Mosses and Lichens of Terror Incognita", the total books going up to Volume 29C Part 3, while a request for information about the harmless creatures merely produced a note saying "Some of the sheep"."

Here is the total of the design stitched so far.  I started in the centre and worked upwards to ensure the dyed circle was in exactly the right place for the circumference of the Disc.  The darker blue represent the Deep Space the enormous world turtle Great A'Tuin is swimming through.

stitched on 32 count Murano custom dyed by Sparklies

Next month I will stitch another Heraldic Hippo and complete the banner.


I am doing Stitch from Stash once again.  This will be my 5th year so far.  I did the original blog versions in 2014 and 2015, skipped 2016 as it was my Big Birthday year then signed up for Stephanie's Facebook version in 2017, 2018 and now 2019.

Here is this month's spend:

January
Cross Stitcher sub £8.72
Mrs Peggotty Queen £5.20
Total £13.92

I needed the Queen of Hearts as I will be starting her as soon as I finish Alice & the Flamingo.  Mrs Peggotty happened to be having a 20% off sale this week so I grabbed a bargain!



Finally, don't forget the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop coming up on Valentine's Day.  I think I've posted about it enough now for everyone to be aware it is coming soon but just in case you haven't signed up yet - read a previous post and find out how to take part.



19 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha! With the speed that January's gone it feels more like 3 than 93 days!
Fantastic progress on the Discworld Mappe. Your photo really shows off how the design fits onto the fabric. It must have been quite nerve-wracking ensuring the measurements for dyeing were perfect.
Good SFS too... who doesn't love a sale?! :)

Carol said...

I'm always happy when January ends, too, Jo! This year, it didn't seem quite so bad as we had lots more sunshine than usual in spite of the frigid temperatures.

Great progress on Discworld! And very restrained spending I'd say :) Happy February!

Faith... said...

Discworld Mappe is gorgeous and you made great progress on it!

diamondc said...

Jo: You have added some stitch's, I have done what you did ordered the wrong color, then have to wait for the right color to arrive.

Catherine

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

I'm screaming with glee on the Disc World project!! It's soooooooo lovely! I'll be emailing my picture for the Sweethearts Monday or Tuesday...not quite last minute :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Wowsers!! That looks awesome on the custom dyed. That is really starting to take shape. Great start to 2019 Jo. And as always restrained on your SFS, I don't know how you do it.
xo Alicia

Linda said...

The Mappe looks great Jo and fits perfect on the fabric.

Linda

Katie said...

Gorgeous work. Boy that mappe is just breathtaking. Love how well it fits on the fabric. Great job with your spending. I actually haven't bought anything stitching related. But boy I've seen a lot I wanted to haha.

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for sharing your Discworld Mappe and tyhe quote. My college boys love those books,but I just don't get them....Great stitching. Hope you received my photos!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work and good spending too. January can be a tricky month, I'm always very enthusiastic about my projects but the month does seem to be a long one

Christine said...

Great work on the map, the pulled back shot showing the placement on the fabric really gives a feel for how it's progressing

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hadn't realised that disc was there. Good progress on the map.

Julie said...

Wonderful progress on the map, two weeks worth of stitching really does move it along quickly.

RJ said...

You are so organized my friend. The map is progressing so nicely...beautiful work. RJ

Leonore Winterer said...

The map looks awesome! I can't get over how accurately the circle on the fabric fits the stitching.

OhSewCrafty said...

Beautiful progress, Jo! Discworld looks amazing, with how perfectly you spaced it on the custom dye. Pie is great, as always, love that visual representation. I also purchased a Cross Stitcher sub, a few months ago. I like the hot chocolate chart in the March issue. Happy stitching!

Astrids dragon said...

Such great progress, what a beautiful piece of "blueberry" pie!

Bethan said...

Oh wow - you have made so much progress. Was that the fabric that came with the design or did you find/make fabric with that lighter circle? x

Janet said...

Wow I love how you break this down. Your map is very nice looking.