Translate

Sunday 6 January 2019

January WIPocalypse Introduction

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

January - Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "19 in '19" for this year.  For 2019 the list includes my two BAP projects which will be my Focus Pieces each month, some WIPs I really want to see finished, 6 new starts and four of my Christmas Ornaments.  Here are the first 9, all WIPs:



Project List:
  1. Lavender & Lace - Enchanted Alphabet 
  2. Chatelaine Designs - Gardens of London
  3. Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
  4. Nora Corbett - Gathering Eggs
  5. Mrs Peggotty - Alice and Flamingo
  6. Just Nan - Summer Typography
  7. Nora Corbett - Raven
  8. Satsuma Street - Nest Egg
  9. Marie Suarez - My Lovely Sewing Tools
  10. Cottage Garden Samplings - Hallowe'en Alphabet
  11. Primitive Needle - Mystic Sampler
  12. Just Nan - Wee Witchy Mice
  13. Mirabilia - 25th Anniversary Cameo
  14. Just Nan - Summer Night
  15. Mill Hill - Easter Egg
  16. The Sweetheart Tree - Merry Christmas Bell Pull
  17. Dragon Dreams - Never Too Big
  18. Sue Hillis - Victorian Christmas Tree
  19. Ink Circles - Poinsettia 

These are the new starts I have planned:


The list is then completed by four of these 12 Christmas Ornaments.  I hope to stitch all 12, one done so far.


The planned rotation this year will be:

10-a-Day - stitch 10 stitches every day on one project, first thing in the morning.
Just Nan smalls -  stitch a few stitches each day.  Aim to complete one per month.  Will also be travel and work projects.
Evening stitching - Mrs Peggotty's Alice and the Flamingo.

Complete one Christmas Ornament per month
Stitch Gardens of London for seven days
Stitch Discworld Mappe for fourteen days
Stitch Enchanted Alphabet for one or two days
Choose one design for the rest of the month

The exceptions will be May when I will stitch one length on a different Just Nan small each day (the ones started last Maynia) and Dark October when I will focus on Raven, Just Nan's Mouse and the two Hallowe'en Samplers.


The WIPocalypse posts are the last Sunday of each month

My other SALs are

The People's Choice - posts on the first Saturday of each month - theme in sidebar
Gifted Gorgeousness - post anything gifted on the 15th
Hallowe'en Ornie Blog - a different spooky theme each month
Christmas Ornie Blog - a different festive theme each month
Smalls SAL - last Friday of each month

The TUSAL - post on the New Moon each month

plus one more to be announced!  A new SAL which I think you will all enjoy but I can't say any more just yet.  Plans have to be fully finished before more details can be shared.


Finally, I will be continuing with the ever popular Blog Hops this year.  We will have Valentine's, Easter, the Summer Postcard, Hallowe'en and the Advent Calendar.  All at the appropriate time of the year.  I will be posting about the Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine's Day very soon so watch this space.






15 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Yipee! Love your WIP's. You are WAY more organized than I am. I love seeing your stitching and your pie charts. I think I want to do the Valentine one this year.

Linda said...

Great choices Jo. I love them all. Alice looks like a finish soon.

Linda

Scrapbrat1 said...

Wow! You have a lot going on! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Barb said...

As usual,I will totally enjoy watching you work on all these wonderful projects!

OhSewCrafty said...

Your peices are all fabulous Jo. I can't wait to see your finish on Enchanted Alphabet and I'll be enviously watching your start on Halloween alphabet. I notice your planned new starts are mostly on the smaller side, very wise if your goal is to WIP down. The 12 ornies will be fun too, it's nice to have a little finish each month.

Rachel said...

It looks as if 2019 might be a good year for you, with continued progress on your two BAPs, quite a few potential finishes (especially Alice) and the obligatory new starts, not to mention your Just Nans. I look forward to seeing them all grow. :)

Katie said...

Great list and great goals! I look forward to following your blog yet again. You are fantastic! I love your blog hops and your People's Choice fun.

Julie said...

A busy year planned. I do hope you are not going to be giving us a test on your rotation ...just reading what you have planned has sent my brains into overdrive LOL

Ariadne said...

I don't know how you manage all these and the rotation!But I am glad you have inspired me to stitch more!AriadnefromGreece!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jo you sure are going to be busy,I am also your newest follower ,hope you will visit and follow me too.
You have done some beautiful work there and I look forward to seeing your progress with them xx

Bethan said...

A lot of projects and a very structured plan - very organised! I spy another tiny mouse again too x

rosey175 said...

What about your introduction? Huh? Who are you again? What are you doing with your life?!

:b

Glad to see the little daffodil egg kit. I've seen that one pop up in several places now and I really like it. And more Discworld! Is the teeny witchy mouse the same series as the house from last year?

Leonore Winterer said...

So, I finally made it to read your goals for the year! I've been terribly curious, but I stuck to my reading list going one by one, and at the start of the year virtually everyone comes out to post! It's a lot of fun, but also much 'work' to read everything.
I love your list! I think most of your project seem very finish-able for the year, but then you are also planning a lot of focus time on your BAPs and I'm looking forward to seeing how that will all turn out.

RJ said...

Oh these are going to keep you very busy. They all look fantastic. You are a stitching machine. May 2019' be a very productive year for you Jo. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, Jo, I don't know how you keep it all straight! So many lovely WIPs and your new ones will be great too.