Translate

Saturday 5 January 2019

The People Chose New Starts (and TUSAL too)



Regular followers will be aware that for over 3 years now I have run a themed SAL on the first Saturday of each month.  First we spent 26 months doing The Alphabet Club and then 12 months of the Zodiac.  Now I have decided to listen to the People and post about your choice of theme.  Last year I asked for suggestions on the blog and then made a poll in the IHSW Facebook Group from those suggestions.

The top three choices were:

Hallowe'en - posted in October
Birthstones - posted in November
Dragons - posted in December

Since then we've been voting each month for three months ahead.

Upcoming choices:
January - New Starts
February - Hearts
March - Freebies

The People do have very good timing, I have just completed 12 starts for the 12 Days of Stitchmas!  You have seen up to Day Seven already, so here's the rest of the series:

On Day Eight I stitched The Sweetheart Tree's Holly & Hardanger from 2005 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree:


On Day Nine I stitched Dragon Dreams' You Are My Gift from 2010 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree:


On Day Ten I stitched Sue Hillis Designs' Victorian Christmas Tree from 2003 and Rosewood Manor's Festive Quaker Tree:


The Festive Christmas Tree was a finish, my first for 2019.  I stitched this over one on 32 count Blue Hydrangea opalescent from Crafty Kitten using my own choices of DMC in the 790s - 800s plus B5200.  There are more single white stitches than show in the photo.

On Day Eleven I stitched Dragon Dreams' Never Too Big from 2004:


On Day Twelve I stitched The Sweetheart Tree's Merry Christmas Bellpull from 2004:


And all 12 together:



I'm trying to keep New Starts to a minimum with the aim of not starting any BAPs until I complete my Discworld Mappe and/or my Chatelaine Gardens of London.  I'm putting together my "19 in '19" and have six new starts scheduled.  Three are Hallowe'en themed, one is for the Easter Blog Hop and another two just because I want to.  When I complete my 10-a-Day project I'll start Winter in the Square as the next 10-a-Day. 


Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of New Starts, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog.  Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog.  I look forward to seeing what you all post.

*

*

Mustn't forget the TUSAL part of the post:


The pot on the left is my main ORTs tin and the one of the right is my Evening ORTs tin.  That's usually quite empty but I've been frogging Alice's skirt thanks to a dyelot difference so there's more fluff than usual!


Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll.  Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll.  Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Spring, or Holidays, or Warmth etc.  Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!





19 comments:

Katie said...

Great post. Lots of beautiful starts. I love how you broke them up for your challenge. Congrats on the finish in the mix! My brain isn't working so no ideas for the April theme today.

Pamela said...

Great starts! I'll look forward to seeing them grow.

Beth in IL said...

Love the Quaker Tree Finish. You got a lot done. And you aren't starting any more new projects until you get a large one done?!? Such will-power!

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Jo. Love all of your new starts. Have you been working on Alice and have you started Queen of Hearts yet?

Linda

Barb said...

You are so well organized!!I am impressed. I do look forward to seeing all your beautiful stitching in 2019!

Rachel said...

It's great that you've already had a finish among all your lovely new starts! I know it's a fairly small project but it just goes to show what can be achieved when you stitch on something every day. I hope you enjoy all of your new starts this year, especially because you've kept them to a minimum. :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Ooooohh love the sparkly fabric you are working the Quakers Tree on. You are off to a great start stunner. But I wouldn't expect anything less from the most organised stitcher I have the pleasure of friending.

xo Alicia

Ariadne said...

Done my Let the people choose. As for April how about Easter? Or Spring?AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

April suggestion - daffodils. Though I suppose they're technically March here..... Or year round, if I had my way through life. "April Flowers" would probably be more popular though.

Are all your circle starts to scale?

Leonore Winterer said...

Surprise - guess who's already here to link up? :D

You've had a lot of really great starts already. I'm trying to really limit mine for now, but there was one you know I just had to have ^_^

I'll be on vacation for some time in April, so my suggestion is 'Travel'.

Christine said...

Great starts, and I love the Quaker tree.
I'm trying to go the other way this year, and not start any new things until I've finished some old things.
Ha! It won't last

diamondc said...

Jo: I like all your new starts.
I will be looking forward to your progress.
I think something green for March.

Catherine

diamondc said...

Jo So sorry I should have said something green for April. Flowers and trees start blooming.

Catherine

jocondine said...

New starts sounds great for the beginning of this new year. Always so hard not to succumb to temptation of new fabric, new pattern. On the other hand, I'm glad to see other bloggers thinking of finish more than start! Good luck with your projects! xxx

Julie said...

Quaker tree looks super in the blue.
Oh no .... frogging Alice, that's not good to read.

Bethan said...

Great starts, and well done for a finish in 2019 already! x

RJ said...

Great starts Jo. I look forward to seeing them all come together as I know you will do it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, twelve starts! Good for you! I'm looking forward to following them until they're finished.

Felicia said...

Beautiful stitching!