Translate

Friday 18 January 2019

First IHSW of 2019

IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.

My weekend started this morning at our crafty coffee morning get-together.  I'm taking my Just Nan smalls to these this year in an attempt to finish a few more.  I'm currently stitching Thanks a Bunch:

stitched on 32 count white linen

I am hoping the white daisies will show up on the linen, if not then I'll outline them in yellow.  This may have been better stitched on a pale green fabric.  We shall see.

My current focus for two weeks will be the Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs.  This is intended as an 18th Birthday present for my son but it may end up being a "Leaving Sixth Form" present or even a 21st if I really get into a slump!

Here's where I left it last time I stitched on it in 2018:


And here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Murano custom dyed by Sparklies

I have completed the turtle flipper and started the very large banner being held aloft by two heraldic hippos.  I will only have Sunday to stitch as I'm working tomorrow and Monday but hopefully I can complete that shade of Rose Pink in the banner.
My goal is to complete the banner this month and start the second hippo.  Once I have completed the second hippo I will have stitched the width of the design.

Do come back on Monday to see how I got on.  


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop
 

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply".   I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.  




13 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Nice work on Mapps. Hope you get lots of stitching time!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Jo. How is Alice doing? Have you started Queen yet?

Linda

butterfly said...

Nice stitching Jo , you always make me want to pull out a Just Nan chart.

Have a fun weekend , hugs .

Katie said...

The Just Nan is too cute. I can see the white flower started and it's a dark photo so I think you will be okay. Great work on the Discworld Mappe. Hope you get a lot of progress.

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Lovely progress Jo! I loved Disc World and watching your project come to life is pure joy for me :D

Christine said...

I love watching the Discworld mappe grow.
Please sign me up for the blog hop

rosey175 said...

Oh I would've thought that the tail flippers would've been the width but the hippo must extend out like them even with the angle! Hope there will be a wide-angle shot!

RJ said...

I love your Just Nan stitch. All of your stitches are always wonderful to see. The sweetheart hop sounds like great fun. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

What a special piece you are making for your son, Jo! I bet you can finish it before he is 21 :) Love Just Nan, but the many color changes put me off. Think my eyes are getting too old for dealing with that :) I look forward to watching yours grow! ♥

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jo beautiful work my friend great colours,hope you have a wonderful day xx

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you are enjoying your IHSW, you got off to a great start!

Barb said...

You are making good progress on the Mappe design, what a wonderful gift for your son.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love seeing your map again :) Looking forward to seeing how much progress you'll make this year with all the extra focus!